44. Cursed flowers

"Let's sit down," he muttered pointing at a bench

There was just silence for a while, Jungkook slipping closer to feel his husband's body heat.

"Jimin, I wanted to apologize for what I have said."

"Shush, hear me out," the omega broke into his words.

"Ok."

"You have been right. What you have said was painful, but true, unfortunately..."

"Jimin!"

"No, don't disturb."

There was happy barking and Haneul came running their way bringing the toy to Jimin, his fur all wet from morning dew.

"Or you," Jimin sighed jumping up to throw the toy even further.

The scattered sun rays were playing around his posture, bringing glitters into that dark a bit long hair.

"So... I have been stuck on that audition for too many years, I have to move on, have to do better. I want to do better for you an Jungmine and..." Jimin bit his lip. "I kind of understood it wasn't you who has ruined my life, it was me."

"Jimin," Jungkook caressed down his back, if Jimin will now find a new way to abuse himself mentally, he will never forgive himself. "It was me, I had done the wrong thing."

"No, it was me. I... I have never asked my mother about protection, had never taken any pill, I... I was afraid to tell you to not to do it yet as you were so amazing, cool, way older and you have had dated before. Saying no, might have meant losing you."

"Jimin, I have told you I will wait until you ready, I thought you wanted to..." Jungkook's heartbeat sped up uncontrollably, but Haneul came back to bring them the toy and he sighed throwing it away again.

"I know and I wanted it too. I wanted you so much but I was frightened you will not do it with me if I tell you I know nothing about protection, I haven't done anything to protect myself. I was young and stupid, I only cared about keeping you by my side as I couldn't imagine living without you."

"Jimin, you know exactly I love you, I always did. I would have waited as long as necessary. Haven't I waited for three years and seven months after Jungminie's birth, until you were ready to be intimate again."

"You've counted," Jimin smiled bitterly.

"Of course I had counted. It was the most difficult time in my entire life."

"Why are we even here. Maybe we don't fit, maybe we're just breaking each other," a tear rolled down Jimin's cheek.

"No, we're here because we care, we know the world is a better place when we're together. It is for me and Jungmine needs us, we need each oth... Haneul!" Jungkook became frustrated struggling to get the toy out of the dog's snout. "Here!" He threw it very far watching the dog sprinting behind it. "We need each other," he repeated taking Jimin's face in his hands caressing the tears off his cheeks with his thumbs.