24. The animals sleep

The dim gray light of the raising day was filling the bedroom, a really early hour, yet Jimin was wide awake lying still watching Jungkook resting on the pillow beside him

"Do you think I don't trust you?" He whispered tracing his fingers over him husband's cheek.

"Sometimes I don't know anymore. Deep down inside I hope you do, but then things like last time happen."

Jimin's insides twisted, last night he has fallen asleep watching Jungminie's cartoon and he has woken up about half an hour ago here, in their bed, wrapped up into Jungkook's strong arms.

"You know how my issues work, one moment it's ok, a second later everything is crushing into pieces and there's just fear left," he was trying to find words to name that inner chaos. "But I trust you with my life. I wouldn't be here allowing you so close if I didn't."

"I know," Jungkook caressed his hair back impatiently.

"I really didn't want to hurt you. What I have said, it's still the past, a part of me is still stuck at that audition, but I'm working towards moving on."

"Would you trade Jungmine for ballet school?"

That question like a dagger straight into his heart, so Jimin stayed quiet considering it.
If today he could be a top graded ballet school student would it make him great, happy, complete?

If he didn't have Jungkook as his life partner but just boyfriend, he didn't have that beautiful apartment here, Haneul making his heart warm up, Jungkook's mum and her kindness, Hailo Entertainment, Seokjin, his vlog, his dance classes, all those opportunities to perform in front of global audiences, on most prestigious stages, if... he didn't have Jungminie...
There was sudden pain opening up in his belly along the scar, so he winced.

"Jimin!"

"It's ok, I was just thinking how my life would look like if I had managed to go to ballet school but didn't have Jungminie," Jimin sighed taking Jungkook's palm to intertwine their fingers.
Jungkook stayed completely quiet just observing him.

"It would be pretty lonely and miserable to be honest," Jimin chuckled. "Last night watching Coward the clumsy dragon with you two was best."

"But you're not saying that to make me feel better," asked Jungkook scanning his face.

"No, you see even thinking about not having Jungminie was bringing me physical pain," Jimin scooped closer. "We've just made up and on Thursday I'm flying to LA for nine days, how will I live," he muttered nuzzling his nose into Jungkook's neck.

"Ah... I guess the thought we're good again will help me through those days."

"You will have Junminie, being without you but being with him helps a lot."

"I know. But hey, you will live your dream, dance in the most famous music theatre, be interviewed in the morning show."

"Yes, that's true, but dancing with you last night during my class felt special. Seokjin is stalking me to allow them to post the official video of our performance."

"Ah... how do you think my team will take it and trainer Jung?"

"That's why I'm refusing, but some people have already posted a few things they have recorded online, so I saw many rumors," Jimin sighed.

"I'm doomed," Jungkook laughed turning on the pillow. "Ok, put it up, I will handle."

"For real?" Jimin lifted his head to rest it on his palm.

"Yes, if it's already online."

"Yes, maybe it will be the best," Jimin reached for his phone to text his manager.

Another long silence fell and he scooped closer to kiss Jungkook's cheek then capture his lips in, both rolling over the mattress touching hungrily.

"Ah!" The moan Jimin gave out was loud but damn Jungkook's lips were all over his face and neck his hands tearing on his clothes to touch as much skin as possible.

"Dad! Dad Jimin!"

"Fuck!" Jimin swore falling back on the pillows.

There were rushed footsteps down the corridor.

"What time is it?" Groaned Jungkook reaching for the phone. "5:07, why isn't he sleeping at that time, really?"

"Dad! Dad Jimin!" The bedroom door banged open a second later Jungminie jumped on their bed squealing happily.

"Young man shouldn't you sleep," Jungkook sighed sitting up trying to give the mess of dark curls some shape.

"Dad! See the sun is out! Today at kindergarten we will go to the farm to see animals!" Jungminie was jumping on the mattress holding Bunny.

"Really? The animals are sleeping now for sure. You should sleep too," Jungkook shook his head.

"No Dad, the sun is out! The animals are definitely not sleeping!"

"Really?" Jungkook sent Jimin a tired yet amused gaze.

"Take some rest I'll walk Haneul and you Minie will assist me," Jimin rubbed his face then got up to fix his pajama shirt and stretch his hand out. "Come."

"Are we going to kindergarten now?"

"The kindergarten is closed at that time, we're walking Haneul," Jimin sighed.

How calm would his life have been in ballet school, right?

"How about after the farm visit we will pick Jungminie up and go for a trip?" Asked Jungkook looking at them.

"Trip! Wow!" Jungminie changed into a giggly ping pong ball again.

"Yes, go walk Haneul, I will book a nice apartment for us," Jungkook's eyes were carrying a hidden fire which made Jimin's heart speed up.

"Where are we going?" He asked.

"To the ocean. I will take my camera, I feel like recording something new."

"Ocean! Wow! Quick Dad Jimin, we need the bucket and the shuffle and my swimming ring!" Jungminie began to pull Jimin towards the door.

"Baby it's too cold for swimming," Jimin laughed.

"No, not cold! Come! We need to bring it all!"

"Ah!" Jimin giggled running down the corridor trying to stop his eager son from taking half of the wardrobe out on the living room floor when Haneul was taking some random things to carry them to his basket, the total chaos unrolled as always.

I would have lived so peacefully in ballet school, thought Jimin watching Jungminie putting on all his swimming equipment including snorkeling googles.

But would I really trade this here?

Thank you so much for all your feedback and love

Thank you so much for all your feedback and love. I hope you liked the chapter? What do you think about Jikook's conversation and their morning with their son? How will their trip go?

Much <3