𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄

𝗧he five of them stood in the parking lot of the restaurant they just dined at as the sun started to set behind them

𝗧he five of them stood in the parking lot of the restaurant they just dined at as the sun started to set behind them. It was only five p.m., but the winter allotted for more dark hours than light ones.

Emmet and Elle were holding hands in front of her, each of them beaming at her like she was the smartest person in the world. They were both dressed in delectable, exquisite clothing that brought out their black hair and light colored eyes. They were such a beautiful couple; it didn't surprise her that they'd make an adorable child like Beau.

He, who was standing in front of them, grinning at her like she was a donut and he wanted to steal her away from everyone. She thought his crush on her was cute, innocent, and funny. He was like a miniature version of Mason and Rueben in one. Smart, handsome, but also relied heavily on sarcasm.

"You'll be joining us at the Estate for the afterparty, right Rayne?" Elle asked her, her voice as sweet as honey, "I know we've taken up most of your time today, but I hope we aren't that much of a bother."

She let out a small laugh, "Of course I'll be there. It's nice of you to even put it together."

"It's the least we can do," Emmet chimed in, "The Millers always seem to be saving us in one way or another; isn't that right Rueben?"

Rayne looked up at him and caught the pink in his cheeks before it disappeared quickly. His white hair blew in the wind; the colors of the sunset reflected off his tan skin, making him more of an angel than he already appeared to be. His green eyes darted towards her, catching her glance. When she didn't look away, his mouth tilted up into a smile.

"Yeah. They always do," Rueben answered, side stepping to be closer to her.

She smiled to herself as she felt the tips of his fingers slide across the back of her arm and skim the surface of it. He interlocked his hand into hers when he reached it; he kept them behind their backs so as to not bring attention to their newly formed relationship.

"Well, I'm excited to attend," she grinned at Elle.

"So," Emmet changed the topic, "Will we be seeing more of you after today, or are you glad to be free of the Torres's since the trial is concluded."

"I hope you didn't forget our decision to work together for another reason."

He chuckled, "Ah. I was hoping you would; it's dangerous work, but" he paused, "I am glad to see your will is still as strong as ever. I look forward to the future."

"But that's not all you're staying for, right?" Beau asked her, looking up at her with his brilliant, green eyes; it was almost like he was pleading for her to stay.

Rayne glanced up at Rueben again as the wind dragged her hair across her vision. He was already looking at her. She felt heat rise to her cheeks as a grin subconsciously formed on her face. There were many reasons for her wanting to stick around, but he was probably the second most important one.