𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

"𝗔re you okay?" the soft voice of Lilliana's, asked him as she sipped her milkshake

Matteo looked up and glanced around him, confused about where he was. The walls were checkered, black and red – giving a retro look. They were inside of a diner; car themed. It was one of those places you got to experience how things were back in the olden days. This place was clearly 1950's themed and it was nicely decorated. A fake car in one corner, waitresses in long skirts, waiters in suits. It was a delectable place. Not to mention, the smell of burgers and fries enlightened him and ignited a rumble in his lower abdomen. He blinked, turning his attention back to the woman sitting across from him. Her starry, green eyes twinkled as she twisted a strand of her white – blonde hair around her pinky finger.

I must have zoned out or something...

"You barely touched your milkshake," she spoke again.

Matteo's ears twitched as he listened to her milky voice delicately. He had practically forgotten how sweet she sounded.

"What—? Oh... yeah, I'm fine," he wrapped his fingers around his milkshake glass, feeling the condensation wet them, "I'm just focused on something else," he stated, resting his opposite elbow against the table, and leaning his face into it, taking the time to soak her up.

"Oh yeah?" she smiled playfully as she copied his movements, "And what is that?"

He didn't respond. She fully knew the answer, but chose to tease him with the question regardless. Alas, he didn't mind, because now her face was close to his. He continued to stare at her beautiful features – her complexation, completely letting his eyes wander. He could feel her doing the same. The silence between them eluded them. He wanted to stay here forever.

"Has anyone ever told you how beautiful you are?" he asked suddenly.

Lilliana froze her wandering look and returned her gaze to his eyes. She searched them for a second, but Matteo displayed no signs of playfulness; he was clearly serious.

After a moment, she finally answered, "No.... actually..." her face turned a shade of bubblegum pink as he reached over and placed his palm on her cheek, gently rubbing his thumb across it.

"You are the most beautiful girl I have ever laid eyes on."

She leaned into his cheek and closed her eyes. He lovingly continued to watch her. He always knew that he was lucky when it came to her. She was an alluring disaster. A storm – but he was never one to run away from something so rare, so exciting. She was innately, his everything.

"Can I tell you something?" Lilliana asked, opening her eyes.

"Anything. Always."

"You need to wake up."

Matteo cocked his head in confusion. What?

"Wake up. Wake up."

He backed up away from her, sitting far back in his seat. Something wasn't right. In fact, it was very, very wrong. The girl across from him was no longer the Lilliana he knew. She was mean and aggressive and wouldn't stop yelling at him to wake up. He put his hands over his ears and violently shook his head, wanting to get rid of her taunting voice.