𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐈𝐗

𝗛e dragged his feet against the pavement as he found a bench outside a pharmacy to rest on

𝗛e dragged his feet against the pavement as he found a bench outside a pharmacy to rest on. He had spent the entire afternoon skating around Los Angeles like an idiot after making contact with Rayne earlier – per Boss's orders, of course.

All he wanted to do was go back to the hideout and have fun with his subject, but no. Boss needed him off site for the entire day for some stupid, unknown reason.

Enzo glanced at the watch on his wrist. Harrison was supposed to pick him up thirty minutes ago, but they contacted him that he was being held back at their California base. He questioned if he made the right decision in giving Harrison responsibility of Matteo while he went out to have a conversation with his sister. He shook his head, ignoring the overthinking he was doing. Of course it was the right decision. Getting an in into the people Matteo loved, was a win for them.

I'm going to make her trust me.

He leaned back against the cold, metal bars of the bench and realized how much work it was going to take to do so. It was obvious she was a jumpy, over cautious girl. She spoke to him slowly and constantly looked into his eyes to see if his words were matching his feelings. It was an interesting thing – to understand how another person reads him. But it wasn't a bad skill to have.

It was a surprise to see how alike she was to Matteo. Their personalities were almost mirror images of each other, but there was one difference. The boy was the one who was more logical and less empathetic. He was more closed off and didn't want to make new friends – he could tell by his attitude. But not the girl. She was nice to him – nice even when he forced her into that hug.

She was a smart girl, yes. But it was because she was empathetic that made her smart. Unlike Matteo. If he had been more like her, and noted that being nice, even to strangers, is beneficial, maybe he wouldn't be where he is now. Maybe if he was more sensible.

Enzo sneered; I fucking hate him.

His thoughts fizzed out like a steam as a vibration from the pager on his pocket rang. He knew it was his Bosses trying to contact him again. That was the signal to put the earpiece back on.

Enzo had only taken it off earlier because Harrison didn't know when to shut the fuck up.

He fit the piece into his ear, "Yes?"

"Zo, darling," their voice rang through the speaker, "...how did it go with the girl?"

"Perfectly," he exhaled, "The tracker is in place. She didn't notice a thing."

"And her location?"

Enzo reached into his back pocket and withdrew his phone. He clicked the tracking app and waited for it to load. Once it did, a small red dot blinked over and over again, presenting where she was.

"I'm getting live feed now."

"And where is she?"

He frowned, "A beach?"

"Interesting."

"Should I investigate it?" he asked, curious as to why she was there so early in the morning.

"No. Leave it for another time. We need you back in Madrid."

"Fine," he spoke, watching the red dot move up and down the shoreline.

"The Miller siblings are as naïve as we assumed them to be," his boss yawned.

"Sure."

She might have missed the tracker. But she's not naïve.

"Harrison should be there soon. We sent the private jet to take you both back."

Enzo clicked his phone off, "Okay."

At that moment, the loudness of a muffler and screeching tires sounded before him. He turned his head as Harrison opened the driver's door of a flashy, red Ferrari. He smiled brightly as he leaned against it, "Hey Zo," he waved his fingers.

He pinched his nose with his fingers and let his head fall back, "Let me kill him. He provides nothing to this team. I could dump him easily and no one would ever find his body."

"Patience Enzo. All in good time," was all the boss said before the line went dead.

Enzo angrily removed the piece from his ear and pocketed it as he stood up. He walked towards Harrison and stuck his hand out, "Give me the keys."

"Why?"

"Because I'm driving maggot."

"I'm fine driving," he shrugged.

"Good for you," Enzo cocked his head and sarcastically smiled, "Give me the fucking keys."

"Fine," he rolled his eyes, placing them in his palm.

Enzo climbed in and turned the ignition over as Harrison ran to the passenger's side. Once they were settled, and the doors were closed, he finally looked back over at him.

"I want a quiet drive and flight. If you talk," he reached down and pulled a knife from his sock, "I'll jam all four inches of this metal into your throat. And no – I don't care about the repercussions."

Harrison nodded and didn't speak another word.

Enzo sighed and put the car into gear, peeling out of the parking lot with the Miller's on his mind.