𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

𝗛e tugged at the front of his hair as he sat against the wall underneath the window; the broken glass shards accompanied him, and he had never related to an inanimate object so deeply before, as he was shattered too

𝗛e tugged at the front of his hair as he sat against the wall underneath the window; the broken glass shards accompanied him, and he had never related to an inanimate object so deeply before, as he was shattered too. It didn't help that his mind was running a million paces too fast – he had no idea how to feel about the entire situation.

Am I happy that I finally admitted the truth about myself?

Or am I upset because my own happiness brings upon the downfall of others?

Mason looked up and watched Blake; she was sitting silently on the edge of the bed before him. Her dark red hair was hanging down limply, shielding her face from him. She was unmoving: she was mindlessly staring at her hands. She had been that way for the last five minutes.

"Blake ... please say something .." he spoke softly.

Her head moved side to side for a moment, as if she was contemplating what to say, before finally, she broke her silence, "How long?"

"What?"

"How long have you known your sexuality Mason?" she asked, raising her head to face him.

He swallowed hard as he took in her features. She was paler than she had been moments ago; her eyes looked drained, and void of emotion. He blinked hard, wanting to spontaneously combust in place. The fact that she looked so empty because of him, left him feeling insignificant.

She deserves so much better.

"I – it's hard to pinpoint," he began to say, "I've been attracted to boys since I was eleven – probably even before then; I don't remember much from my childhood. But," he looked at her, "sexuality is fluid. When I met you, I figured I was bisexual ... but I'm not. I haven't been physically, mentally or sexually attracted to another women."

"Eleven ..." she said slowly, pausing, "—so then the last two years, you were just using me?"

"It's not like that," he rubbed his temple. Did she just completely ignore half of my statement?

"Right," she scoffed, "Then please tell me what it is then."

"I just told you Blake. I've been sexually attracted to men my entire life. You were just different. Three months ago when you tried to break up with me—"

"Wish I did," she interrupted.

He rolled his eyes, "As I was saying – the reason why I didn't want you to do that, was because what I felt for you and what we had, contrary to your belief, was very real to me. You are a special woman, to me and in general. You always have been, and you probably always will be."

Mason looked down at his hands and cringed. He sounded so fucking stupid. What right did he have to call her special after committing adultery against her? What right did he have to even be in the presence of her right now, acting like he was? Obviously, he wasn't lying about anything, but right now couldn't have been further from a good time to mention it. All it did was slap her in the face – that's how backhanded it sounded.