𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

𝗦he listened to the sound of her heels tapping against the floorboards of their room as she paced back and forth

𝗦he listened to the sound of her heels tapping against the floorboards of their room as she paced back and forth. Mason had entered almost twenty minutes ago, but she still hadn't found the courage to look at him – I just need space to think.

She chewed on the hard piece of skin that rested around her nail beds; she was nervous, beyond that even, for many reasons. The first being the truth and nothing but it. Mason had promised her that he wasn't going to lie throughout their conversation – that he never intended to do so, but the unexpected trip made him break that promise. Nevertheless, she believed him in the end; he had always been an honest man, since the moment they met at seventeen.

Blake's ears perked up as he began to shuffle behind her; she looked over at him, barely. All she could think about when she saw him now, was his infidelity – and my own too. Cheating on him not once, but twice, was something she never thought she would level out to, but she couldn't lie and say that it wasn't fun. It was enjoyable. Thrilling. It led her to wonder if he felt the same about it all.

Alas, she looked away. That is unlikely.

Mason was an emotional person – his unfaithfulness must have come with hardship; and it clearly did, she experienced it that night. She bit her nail beds again as she remembered his panic attack – the moment he told her he had something to share with her. She tugged at the roots of her hair with her other hand, going through every memory they shared together. Friends at seventeen. Dating by eighteen. Then now.

Did the last two years mean nothing to him? 

His phone clattered noisily against the window sill, "I thought you wanted to talk?" he spoke.

"Shut up!" she turned and glared at him. His eyes grew in shock at the sound of her voice; she herself felt stunned by it as well. She pressed a finger to her lips, "I'm the one who's allowed to speak, okay? I'm the one who's allowed to be mad, not you. Don't you dare rush me," she kept her voice low.

"I know," he replied, "I just want to have a rational conversation with you. I hate the fact that I'm the reason you've been so upset lately. I want to at least give you the truth, all of it, finally – like I should have done that night."

Blake faced him completely, narrowing her eyes. His expression was grim, and filled with nothing but sorrow. Nothing in the way he was expressing himself made her feel like he was lying about his motives.

He was as genuine as ever.

She relaxed her face, "Okay."

"Thank you," he said, resting an elbow on the windowsill, using his free hand to rub his eyes, "I'll tell you anything you want to know. No more secrets. No more lies."

She watched his movements and considered telling him about her revenge sex with Auden. Even if he had cheated on her, she had done the same, but hers was just in spite of him, and still very wrong to do. They were still together – in both instances – and to top it all off, she still didn't know where her feelings laid. After everything they had done to each other, she still wanted to be with him. She didn't want to let go of the last two years of her life; it scared the shit out of her.