𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐘-𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

𝗛e rubbed his sore wrists as he rounded the corner of the familiar alleyway

𝗛e rubbed his sore wrists as he rounded the corner of the familiar alleyway. After his little show at the courthouse earlier, Auden had locked him in an interrogation room for several hours. She knew she couldn't actually hold him on any charges; his father could get him out of anything.

It hadn't taken them long to trace the serial number on the gun back to the number registered to the mafia; only certain members of law enforcement had access to those. The man had thrown Isaac under the bus, but with a few short sentences, Mason ended up taking responsibility for it. There was no reason both of them needed to suffer.

Unfortunately, in doing so – it made him late.

He dropped his hands to his side, arriving at his destination. The graffiti on the wall and cigarette littered floor allowed memories from that night flood back in his head.

"Look who finally decided to show," the smug tone of the British man he had met in this very place sounded in his ears. He looked up and watched his blue – haired frenemy; he wasn't looking at him.

Kai was in fact, leaning up against the wall; he rested the sole of one of his shoes against the brick. His head was tilted up, allowing the back of it to rest along the painted stone. His stance exposed his smooth jawline and silky neck; everything about him was so... inviting. His adam's apple bobbed slightly as he reached up and removed the cigarette from his lips, exhaling a white cloud above him. Mason watched as his black nail polish reflected off against the white of his cig.

He closed his mouth shut as Kai loosely dangled his head in his direction, "You forget how to tell time, eh?" he asked.

"I got caught up," he replied.

Kai raised his eyebrows, scoffing as he lifted himself off the wall. He easily flicked the butt of his cigarette on the ground, not bothering to scuff it out. As he faced Mason, he felt himself silently choke on the air between them; he stared intently at his choice of apparel.

He was wearing ripped, black jeans that were snug in all the areas that didn't matter, but hung on his hips softly; a black belt – that was probably just for show – was strapped around his waist. In the end, what really held his attention was the sleekness of Kai's abdomen. His choice of top was revealing – a slim, dark, leather jacket. The abs he had already laid his eyes on before looked even more irresistible in this lighting; the moonlight reflected delicately, accentuating his v – line.

Mason gulped; this is going to be a lot harder than I thought.

"You can touch me if you'd like," he chuckled, biting his lip while he looked him up and now.

His cheeks burned red, forcing him to look away quickly; he had not realized he had been staring.

"You look good yourself," Kai remarked, popping a piece of gum in his mouth. He walked over to him, continuing to check him out. He stopped a couple inches in front of him and used his pointer finger to run down the fold of his suit jacket, "—really good," he smiled.