𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘

𝘞here is it??  he thought to himself as he dug through the boxes in the back of his closet

𝘞here is it?? he thought to himself as he dug through the boxes in the back of his closet.

Christian had known that Rayne was slipping away from him ever since he laid his hands on her a month ago. It was the stupidest thing he could have done in all of his twenty – six years. She had made him mad, ignoring him like that – sure, but he had no right to hurt her. And then she ran – ran to that motherfucking gang bangers house. His girlfriend went to Rueben for comfort.

Just the thought of it made his blood boil.

Regardless, it was up to him to fix their problems. Rayne may choose those boys over him now, but that was a result of his own actions. He would fix them – put them back together. He would show her that being around him wasn't horrid, that she could love him again.

Again. Yeah.

He noticed she stopped saying 'I love you' back. Since that night, those words have never escaped her lips. Christian knew it was his fault she was falling out of love with him. He knew she was slipping through his fingers like sand – but he couldn't ignore the voice in the back of his head that proclaimed the opposite. That believed the reason she'd distanced herself was because of all the male attention she has been receiving. That hanging out, spending way too many days alongside the leader and his runts – was turning her against him. She barely spent time with him. It was never like this before.

Then again, I never hurt her before either.

He straightened his back out and used the force of his standing body to kick the box of shit over in anger. It was another failed attempt at finding what he needed. What he was looking for.

Christian left the mess and marched over towards his side of the bed. He had a bookcase there – it was dusty and hadn't been used in years. He had a slight reading addiction at the beginning of their relationship, but after getting a job in Accounting – he had no time for it. Now, it was just another piece of decoration.

He sat by it and exhaled for a minute, thinking about his girlfriend, about his life – his royal fuck up. She was everything to him, she always had been since the moment he laid eyes on her three years ago. She was such a frail girl back then; it was a beautiful thing to see her grow so much.

But now, his own problems were ruining their connection. Most of his issues were rooted deep within his own insecurities. None of them, in retrospect, messed with his feelings for Rayne – just how he expressed them. His anger issues, jealousy and controlling tendencies were something that he majorly needed to teach himself to control, not just for himself – but for the sake of their relationship.

Alas, that seemed more like wishful thinking than true reality. He just needed more security with her. He needed to be reassured and told verbally that she would stay by his side – that she loved him and wanted to make it work, but she never did that. She avoided talking about feelings.