𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐖𝐎

𝗧he sky bloomed into a beautiful orange, yellow color as he raised himself from the driver's seat of the car

𝗧he sky bloomed into a beautiful orange, yellow color as he raised himself from the driver's seat of the car. He pinched his sweater vest, pulling it from his body in an attempt to free up some air underneath his clothes as he began to sweat further. Throughout the entire thirty minute car ride to this beach downtown, that's all he did; nervousness bestowed him.

Taryn shut the passenger door loudly, shrieking in happiness as she looked at him, "Zac!— this beach is beautiful!"

The sunset reflected gently off her features; she is remarkable.

She raised her foot, giving her the ability to undo the straps of her heels; as soon as she was free, she laughed and ran down the small path that led towards the sand and waves.

Isaac smiled, rubbing the back of his head while he made his way around the car. He paused, picking up her shoes before he continued down the path she had just taken. When he arrived by her side again, she was standing at the edge of the water, letting the waves lap at her ankles; she wiggled her toes in the warm water.

She is so beautiful, he thought, watching her. Her soft, black curls moved rhythmically in the wind, blowing over her face. She turned her head to the side, looking at him and grinning brightly. He started back, starry – eyed as the sky continued to shine against her flawless, brown complexion. Her pale brown eyes gleamed back at him; he let out a small breath. Taryn was a woman who expressed herself through words and the simplest of small gestures – but she was never to be mistaken as a simple woman. She was incredible, and will forever remain special to him.

The corners of his mouth twitched as his smile faded and his thoughts rejoined him. The air brushed against his own mocha skin as he played with his thumbs, regretfully about to start a conversation.

"Taryn, can we talk?" he mustered finally, swallowing hard.

She turned completely towards him; he watched as worry soon replaced the happiness she had on her face, "Is everything okay?" she asked slowly.

He contemplated his answer, "Yes and no."

She moved her hands to her side, clenching them tightly, before her entire body started to shift back and forth, "Are you breaking up with me!?" she blurted out, her eyebrows raising in fret.

Isaac laughed wholeheartedly at the cute expression plastered to her face. Her eyes frantically looked back and forth between his own; her mouth was pulled into a small frown.

He reached up and grabbed the side of her face, "Never, in a million years baby," he assured her, planting a kiss softly on her forehead. He brushed her baby hairs out of her eyes as he pulled away, "What I want to discuss doesn't involve our relationship."

At least not entirely, he finished in his head.

She looked at him quizzically, putting her hands on his wrists; she didn't let go, "Well I'm all ears. Talk to me."