𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

THE PREVIOUS NIGHT

THE PREVIOUS NIGHT...
𝗛e glanced up and let a smile spread across his face as he raised his glass to his lips. The man from outside who he impulsively invited to spend time with him, had in the end, chosen to do so. His hair was tied up with a hair tie, but pieces hung in his face. He was easily considered a pretty boy – especially with those baby blue eyes he so curiously stared at him with.

Kai downed the last of his Jack and Coke and stood up, pushing through the crowd, making his way to the lost boy. He placed a hand on his shoulder, turning his attention towards him.

"A wise choice you've made," he smiled.

"I guess," the man replied, looking warily at him.

It seemed that whatever was bugging him before Kai interrupted his mini tantrum in the alley was still here and it hadn't magically gone away. He internally groaned, recalling that he told him he would listen to his pity story. The fun he thought he was going to have immediately recoiled in his brain.

This is going to be a waste of time.

"Want something to drink?" he asked anyway.

The man nodded and Kai reached down, grabbing onto his wrist; he walked him back over to where he was sitting at the bar. After sitting down and detaching from each other, the conversation remained dry. He needed to do something about that. He really didn't feel like going home alone tonight.

"Cheer up bloke," he shoved him gently, "—first bevvy's on me."

****

Kai stared at his watch, watching the time tick by faster than he expected it to, considering the conversations they were barely having. He was correct earlier; he had experienced no fun tonight after inviting this boy to hang out with him. In fact, it had been quite the snooze fest – at least for him.

For the man, it seemed like he was doing better, feeling better. After a couple drinks, he began to spill what was bothering him. It all sounded redundant and traced back to the idea that he was unhappy with himself and 'couldn't be who he wanted to be'.

Whatever the hell that means, he rolled his eyes, sipping the last drops of his drink.

He looked back over at the stranger and noticed that his demeanor had changed for the second time. He was no longer looking sorry for himself, but instead, his head was swinging back and forth to the music and his fingers were tapping the counter rhythmically. The flashing lights of the club lit his features up, making him more handsome than he already believed him to be. His mouth was pulled into a drunken smile; his eyes were lively and dancing in the luminescence.

He noticed Kai watching him after a couple minutes and his smile grew. Kai, not knowing how to react to this new expression of his, did nothing but reach over and grab his cup from his hands.