𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝗥ayne slouched against the back of her chair, arms crossed tightly, defensively, on her chest as she bounced her left leg in anger and nervousness

𝗥ayne slouched against the back of her chair, arms crossed tightly, defensively, on her chest as she bounced her left leg in anger and nervousness. She brushed her hair off her shoulder, ignoring Rueben's entrance as he took his seat next to her. Her eyes stayed glued to the smug look plastered on Carson's face from the other side of the room; Willow was next to him. She narrowed her eyes, noticing the over – confident smirks they threw in her direction.

Idiots.

"Rayne," Rueben whispered next to her.

Her eyebrows folded in annoyance as she settled her leg; she still ignored him, nonetheless, watching as Willow took her place in the witness box. The court was minutes from starting, the last thing she needed was a distraction from him.

"Rayne!" he repeated, his voice an octave higher this time.

She snapped her head in his direction, "What Rueben?! If you're going to say more demeaning crap, keep it to yourself! I don't need your lack of faith ruining this."

"I just wanted to apologize – for earlier. I was in panic mode. I didn't mean anything I said. I have the utmost confidence in you; I should have never doubted you."

She clenched her jaw and turned back to Carson, "Just save it."

He shifted near her as the Judge finally appeared from his chambers and made his way to the Judges' booth. She exhaled slowly, getting rid of all her nerves as she sat properly in her seat; she folded her hands on top of her files, getting ready for whatever they had waiting for her.

"The court will now be in session," he slammed the gavel down and turned to Carson, "Mr. Miller, please begin when you are ready."

He nodded, "Thank you, Your Honor. I would like to pick up where we left off: I'm calling Willow Allen to the stand."

Rayne watched as she stood; her short bob cut dangled above her shoulders and she knew the reason for cutting it like that was to give her a more – childish look. However, they did a good job with altering said look as well as dressing her professionally.

How out of character for her.

Willow placed her hand on the bible, reciting the oath. When she was done, she pushed her orange – tinted, strawberry blonde hair behind her ears and settled back down. Rayne shifted in her seat again as Carson caught her eye. The glint in his notified her that she was in for it: their planning was meticulous.

Still, keeping up appearances, she rolled her eyes; he walked to the center of the room.

"Mr. Miller, you may proceed."

"Thank you, Your Honor," he replied, buttoning his jacket, "Miss. Allen, let's jump right into it, shall we?" he smiled and she agreed, "Can you please give the court a play by play of your day, concluding with the moment you witnessed the crime?"