1

Aurora   

   Seattle has always been my home. The city is beautiful on the sunny days and hell on the rainy weeks. As long as I could remember whenever it would rain my dad would take me outside and we would run around and dance together as my mom would watch us smiling from the porch. Today as it rains my mother and I stand in front of my fathers grave on the 3 year anniversary of his accident. 

   My mom pulled me onto a hug and let a quiet sob out. I don't remember the last time I cried for my dad, I kind of just got numb to the feeling of grief. Every now and then I would catch myself thinking of the memories we once shared, that I would never be able to partake in again and that, that truly stings. I grab my moms hand and give her a firm nod that It's time to go and we make our way back to the car and she drives me to school. "Okay honey, have a good day I love you" She leans over and places a kiss on my temple. 

   "I love you too ma, I'll call you when I get home" She nods with a soft smile and I jump out of the car and head into the school building. Before my father passed I was quite friendly with a lot of the kids in school, not that I was popular, but I was just friends with a lot of the kids you know? But when he left I pushed everyone away, some of them understood and gave me my space, but other took it to heart and one of those kids was coming right up to me. "Well well well, if it isn't Mrs.Andrews. Well how are you doing on this fine evening?" I rolled my eyes and headed to my locker. 

   "Wow again with the silent treatment, I thought we were passed that. Its not like your dad just died" A few kids snickered and I slammed my locker shut. "Get the fuck away from me Ryder" I pushed him and he grabbed my wrist. I winced at the pain and he laughed. "RY LETS GO" One of his friends called as they made there way to class. "Your lucky, I was about to throw you into the lockers" He whispered into my ear and let go of wrist. "Rory you okay?" Alana asked. Alana was a good friend, when I was grieving she gave me my space but also made sure to check in on me. "Hey Lan, I'm okay it's just Ryder being Ryder".

   She scuffed, "Yeah he's only acting like that because when you went MIA he had a crush on you and thought you were blowing him off, mens egos are gonna be the death of me" I laughed shaking my head and we made our way to first period. I sat all the way in the back as per usual and laid my head down on the desk. "Alright class today we have a new student, please introduce yourself" I lifted my head and locked eyes with a gorgeous boy standing in front of the class. He had to be at least 6'0, gorgeous green eyes and light brown hair. His facial structure was perfect, like a chiseled statue. "Hey my names Alec" The teacher pointed at me and and waved me over. "Me?" She nodded smiling. "I want you to show Alec around the building, let him get familiar with everything. Alec this is Aurora".

   I waved at him and we both walked out of the classroom together. "So what do you already know about the layout of the building?" He smiled shyly at me and handed me the map he was given. I laughed and he chuckled. "You seriously do not need that, this is small for a high school. So you obviously seen the main lobby, Down that way is the nurses office and the main office is that way its also attached to the principals office which I'm sure you've already seen" He gave me a nod. "Give me your schedule". He handed me a pice of paper that had all his classes on it and I laughed, "Dude we have the same schedule, just stick by my side all day, or you know everyday till you figure things out or if you wanna still stick by my side you can I'm not going to tell you to stop I'm a decent human being and oh my god i'm rambling" I covered my mouth and looked at him wide eyed and he let out a deep chuckle. 

   "Don't laugh oh my god" He shook his head and took his schedule back. "It was pretty cute honestly, and I'd love to stick by your side" I felt my face start to heat up and he smirked at me. I cleared my throat and started walking with him quickly following me. "So this is the cafeteria, pretty self explanatory, and down over here is the library. Majority of the most needed rooms are on this floor, the gym is upstairs along with the science lab and other classrooms." He nodded and looked around. "So what brings you here?" He scratched the back of his neck and looked at me with furrowed brows.