CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

====

-CHAPTER TWENTY TWO-

-PEAKY BLINDERS-

====

September 1913, Small Heath, Birmingham

Tessa made her way across the street and into the betting shop with Katie in her arms. When opening the door she was meet by all the boys and some men Tommy had found to work for him in the betting shop working. 

It was early in the morning, seeing as there was no customers in the shop yet. Tessa made her way in. 

"Scudboat" Tessa greeted one of Tommy's right hand men. 

She made her way up onto the platform, where John was writing down on the chalkboard some of the bets for the racing today. She walked up behind him and scared him by shouting up into his ear. 

John turned around holding his hand over his heart in a fright "Bloody hell Tess" 

Tessa couldn't contain herself from laughing at the poor boy. John shock his head, picking up another toothpick as the one he had in his mouth had fallen out from the fright he just got and disappeared somewhere on the ground. 

"Give her to me" John said taking hold of Katie in his arms "How was she this morning for you ... I left early to come here" 

"She was very good for me ... she barely cry's for me, or cry's in general. It's great really" Tessa said pulling the shawl further up her head, to keep her warm. 

"Also Poll said dinner here tonight ... the whole family, including you father and brothers" Tessa nodded her head, that was great Tessa didn't have to make tea tonight for the three of them. Not that she really ever did make dinner, either Johnny or Polly would give them the leftovers. 

"Is Ada here by the way?" she questioned.

"Upstairs, still in bed she is" 

"Okay ... mind her while I got up to Ada for a bit. I'll be back down before the shop opens" John gave her kiss, and turned back around to face the chalkboard with Katie in one arm, and his other hand writing down things. 

Tessa smiled looking at the scene unfolding in front of her eyes, while closing the doors connecting the house and betting shop together.  

Tessa made her way up the stairs of the Shelby household, at the top of the landing of the stairs she started shouting just to annoy Ada and get her up out of bed. 

"Come on Ada get ..." Tessa opened Ada's bedroom door, to see her and Freddie in the middle of trying to do it. 

"Woah ... I'm interrupting something here. I'll be off then" 

"No ... Tessa help" Ada shouted out to her, with Freddie's hand covering her mouth. Tessa widened her eyes, something was off what about these two right now. Tessa knew that Ada and Freddie had been having sex for the last six months.