CHAPTER TWENTY

====

-CHAPTER TWENTY-

-PEAKY BLINDERS-

====

July 1913, Small Heath, Birmingham

Tessa and Ada were sat in the living room of John and Tessa's house. With the fire lighting letting some warm air flow around the room, giving it heat as it was a cold morning in July. Tessa was sat in an arm chair, with a cigarette in between her fingers and smoking from it. Ada was stood to the side of the fire trying to get some heat from it. 

"I still can't believe your pregnant ... you must be wanting to pop that baby out any day now" Tessa nodded her head in agreement with her sister in law. The baby had to be due any day now, she was nine months this month. It was just a waiting game now, waiting for this baby to arrive into this world "Your right there Ada" 

"Is John going to the funeral with you as well ?" Ada questioned her. 

"He is coming, its tradition in our Irish family when it comes to funerals" Tessa said to Ada while putting out her cigarette. 

Tessa changed the subject real quick not wanting to talk about dead people and funerals. 

"How are you and Freddie doing then ... haven't heard must about him in a while now?" Tessa asked with a slight smile forming on her face. 

Ada blushed causing pink on her both sides of her cheeks "We are doing fine ... but you know what he told me today, he said that he is going to bring me somewhere" Ada was suddenly cut off, by someone opening the front door of the house. Shouting could be heard from the door, it was Tommy fucking Shelby of course. 

"In here Tommy" Tessa shouted from in the living room. She looked to Ada, to see her placing a finger on her lips in order to keep quiet about the conversation the girls had just started. Ada had still not told any of her family about herself and Freddie. She wanted to keep it a secret for as long as she could. Tessa nodded her head at the girl, granting her whishes. 

Tommy stood in the doorframe of the living room, with his hands in his suit pocket. He looked to both of the girls "Ada ... Tessa" 

"What's up Tommy? I am busy right now, I have a funeral to attend to in a while" Tessa asked looking up at Tommy. 

Tommy looked to Ada "Ada fuck off ... I need to speak to Tessa alone" Ada rolled her eyes, and walked away from the fireplace. She planted a kiss on Tessa's cheek and left through the front door of the house. 

"What's wrong now then ... you seem to always have problems with me lately" Tommy made his way into the living room, standing in the same spot as Ada was in a moment ago. 

"I have just learnt that a couple of days ago two horses from your father had just disappeared into thin air, from Charlie's yard a place that I own and operate" Tessa already knew about this. The two horses were given to the hitmen that killed her mother for her back a few months ago, the horses were given as a price for not letting this little secret out. Tessa had only given the horses away now, as she didn't want to many eyes on what was happening months ago when her mother apparently had just disappeared like the horses did.