CHAPTER TEN

====

-CHAPTER TEN-

-PEAKY BLINDERS-

====

December 1912, Small Heath, Birmingham

Tessa was sat at the kitchen table, stuffing her face with bread and everything else she could find in the house and cook it.

She could hear the sound of squeaking coming from the stairs. Looking out into the hall she was meet with Anna walking into the kitchen.

"Morning" Anna greeted the girl sat at the table, and sat across from her taking a cigarette out from her pocket dress and lighting it.

Anna looked at the girl sat across from her. She didn't say a word to Anna as she was to busy eating whatever she could find. 

"What's with all the food Tess?"

She looked up at Anna, her mouth stuffed with food. She swallowed all the food in her mouth before replying "The last couple of day's I have been really hungry. I don't know why Anna"

Tessa finished off her last slice of bread, before getting up and pulling her hat on her head before leaving the kitchen.

"I'm going over to see Ada. See you later Anna" Tessa shouted leaving the kitchen heading for the front door. Anna waved her goodbye, while tilting her head to the side.

"What's wrong with you Tessa?" Anna whispered to her self.

Tessa opened the front door of the Shelby household, to be meet by Tommy coming down the stairs.

"Ello" she greeted him walking into the kitchen with Tommy following after her.

Polly was sat at the kitchen table sewing more razors into the hats for the boys. Tessa sat beside the women watching her every move, as she had also been asked to sew some razors into flat caps as well.

Tommy sat across from the two women with a paper in his hands and a whiskey on the table for himself.

Polly not looking up at all "Tess, if your looking for John, he is down in Charlie's yard with Finn"

Tessa not taking her eyes off of Polly's sewing "I'm actually looking for Ada. Is she here?" She questioned.

Tommy looked up from his paper "I sent her down to the pub, I need more drink. She will be back in a while"