CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

====

-CHAPTER TWENTY ONE-

-PEAKY BLINDERS-

===

July 1913, Small Heath, Birmingham

A week later

Tessa pulled the blanket off of John's body. He was laid out in the bed asleep. Tessa sighed, she didn't have time for this today. She shook his body trying to get him to wake up. 

"John ... come on, get up. We are going to be fuckin late if you don't hurry up" 

He looked up at her, squinting his eyes from the bright light shinning through the laced curtains and into the room. 

"Come back to bed with me ... come on" John tried to tempt her to get back into bed with him. Tessa would have definitely gone back to bed with John, but not today. 

"No John ... look I have your suit laid out for you. Just get up and get dressed. The baby is already dressed and so am I, as usual your the one we are waiting on. Now get the fuck up" Tessa said to him, and leaving him alone in the room to return down stairs to their daughter in Finn's arms. Tessa smiled when seeing the two small children together. 

"How is she Finn. Has she been a good girl for you?" Tessa asked the young boy, putting on her hat and tying her blouse around her body. 

"She has just been asleep the whole time ... but she is getting really heavy now" Finn said, with his arms starting to get tired from holding his niece. Tessa laughed out loud at Finn's comment. 

"Give her to me then" Tessa said taking her baby from Finn and wrapping her in a shawl, as they were to leave the house any minute now to christen the baby. 

Tessa looked up at the clock on the kitchen wall, they were going to be late if they didn't leave right now. 

"Finn go up to John, and tell him to hurry up" 

Just as Finn was about to make his way out of the kitchen door, John walked through "We can leave now" 

"Come on then ... what we waiting around here for?" Tessa asked pushing past John and out the front door with the baby in her arms. 

John looked over to his younger brother "Women ... am I right" Finn laughed at his brother and walked out leaving the house with John behind him. 

Inside the church all the Shelby side of the family and the Dog's were seated in all the rows of chairs in there. Tessa and John were sat up in the front row, with Johnny Dog's as a representative for Tessa, and Polly for John. 

"Da, hold her for a second for me" Tessa asked her father, handing over her baby to her father. 

Tessa turned around to face John "Look at me" John turned around to her, looking at her face.