CHAPTER NINE

====

-CHAPTER NINE-

-PEAKY BLINDERS-

====

Tessa laid there in the middle of the betting shop on the table. Her hands covered in blood, with her dress and undergarments too. The girl was exhausted from all the screaming and the pain she had to endure.

John stood up from his position next to her, walking around the table in circles. Many different scenarios of what had happened to Tessa going through his mind all at once.

He stood at the end of the table his hands laid on her ankles, looking at the stitched up wound now at the side of her body.

Blood all over the table now and had also dripped down on the floor. John looked down at his own hands covered in blood from holding the wound.

Tessa jumped up from her position now sitting up on the table, the first thing she say was John's face looking up from his hands to her face, Tessa's face had been covered with a black eye and bruises from the fight he had presumed.

The first thing Tessa thought about was Finn, she didn't care for her own safety or well being, she just thought of the little boy.

"Is Finn alright?" She questioned John. But he only wanted answers from her, nothing else.

"What the fuck happened?" He grabbed hold of her ankles again. Tessa looked away from his gaze on her, thinking back to the horrid moment.

"Just fuckin tell me" John started shouting now, getting more annoyed by the second.

Tessa jumped slightly from the shouts, but didn't make it obvious as she did not want to be seen as weak or vulnerable around anyone.

"Me and Finn took a shorter way back home, down an alley way and-" she was cut off by John "What did I fuckin tell you about going through alleys, especially at night. Fuckin hell Tessa" John shouted throwing two bottles of rum against the wall of the betting shop. Tessa clicked her tongue rolling her eyes.

"We meet this man down the bloody alley, and he was complaining that the Shelby's had robbed him of his money today. I'm fuckin presuming he lost his money here at the fuckin betting shop" John pinched his fingers on the bridge of his nose hanging his head low.

"Then I walked away from him, cause I had Finn with me. I couldn't let him fuckin touch him, he's only a child for the love of god. He started attaching me then. And now fuckin look at me"

Tessa gestured down to her wound and the black eye on her face. John looked back up, fire in his eyes, he walked over to Tessa that was sitting on the table and grabbed her by the back of the neck, and kissed the top of her head. Whispering into her ear.