𝐗𝐈𝐗 • ❝𝐈𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐲❞

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 • 𝐗𝐈𝐗|| ❝𝐈𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐲❞

> 𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐃

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

𝐃 𝐀 𝐍 𝐓 𝐄 • 𝐑 𝐔 𝐒 𝐒 𝐎

Bruno and I stood opposite my nan as she sat there, balling her eyes out, attempting to cover her eyes from us.

"What's happened?" Bruno looked at her with pity but it was already obvious what has happened. He's dead.

Our grandfather. The man who created this mafia, took it from his father and made it better. Ditched all of the original mafia rules and restrictions, created his own. The mafia is always going to be a family, but I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much if I was born decades ago, marrying some woman who I didn't love, only to betray her trust and have a handful of women every other night without her knowing, or with, I probably wouldn't have cared.

"How?" I ask and cock up my brow, expecting it to be a horrendous event, another enemy we have amongst us, but no. A simple set of words released from her lips, 'Heart attack.' The man died of a coronary heart attack or disease, the fatty deposits straining around his chest and suddenly causing him to pass in sleep. I'm thankful it was peaceful, even though this man deserved a brutal, painful death.

"We'll have the funeral here, in a couple of days." I state and turn myself to the wine cart behind me, only to fill up my whiskey glass with the strongest liquid avaliable here.

"Good, he would've wanted that... To be with his family." She looked up at me and smiled, the fake smile that represents false advertisement. The one that says 'I'm okay, but not okay.' I sigh and look as the singular tear ran from her eye and dropped onto her white blouse.

She stands up ready to leave the room, but I take this advantage and bring her in, she sniffles the tears up in attempt to get rid of them, but my tight arms just pull her closer, smelling her usual floral scent she used to wear when she looked after Bruno, Arianna and I. It used to stain our clothes. She hugs me tighter, thanking me for finally giving her a hug after my brutal usual behaviour, but this woman didn't deserve to lose her husband, this woman was strong and deserved the love she's always given everyone else.

The office door opens widely to reveal Draco, Justin and Cameron standing there staring without knocking, overhearing our conversation no doubt.

"She looks like you, you know?" She sniffles and I pull her away from my grip and look at her with confusion.

"Who?" I question and a smile suddenly appears on her face, pulling the corners of her mouth as the tears suddenly evaporate with happiness.