E P I L O G U E

A/N: buckle up, you lot

A/N: buckle up, you lot. Here's 7k words of epilogue. Congrats to inkpink08 for winning the character competition, your character will be included briefly here. I hope you all enjoy it :)

**don't forget to look at the index and final note after you've finished reading.**

DREAM's POV

ONE MONTH LATER

Jett had been apprehensive at the thought of returning to her childhood home, despite the fact that she had no memory of it. However, as the day drew closer, and our plans to visit became more settled, she grew to look upon the idea with excited anticipation. For my own part, it was pleasant to travel without needing to wear armour constantly, and I was looking forward to continuing my friendship with Techno, whose powers of reasoning and thought processes I had appreciated greatly during his stay at the castle, now over a month ago.

It had been a month of constant communication between our kingdom, and the Elemental Empire that lay far off to the west of us. Techno, out of its four new kings, had been the one to write to and receive letters from me almost twice a week, as we began to forge a relationship between the two domains. Our first project had been to build a canal leading from the river that ran through the middle of our kingdom to the river that formed the border of theirs. And accordingly, it was by boat that we travelled to visit the Elemental Empire, taking the route along the two rivers that were now connected as one.

Sapnap, Rae, and Karl had been joined at the hip since the day we had battled for the discs. Karl was doing a lot better - I was not aware of the full details, but what I did know was that the youngest of the trio had been through an awful lot during his time as a captive in the Badlands. It shocked and confused me, because Bad had been the sweetest, most gentlemanly person I knew. I'd been thankful that he, along with his close advisors, had agreed to depart to their own lands without further conflict, but judging by Karl's reaction to them, I feared we may not have heard the last of them.

Now, the three of them stood together at the side of the ship, Sapnap in the middle, with a protective arm around both Rae and Karl as they chatted away to each other, and wiped the spray of the water from their smiling faces. Sapnap was a born protector, and it clearly made him happy to have the people he loved most in the world right by his side, safe and happy. The two of them kept him busy, so much so that he now shared his responsibilities as Jett's bodyguard with Punz, who had little else to do now that the wars were over.

At a soft chuckle sounding beside me, I turned to raise an eyebrow at my own bodyguard. The sun looked good on George, his pale skin seeming to glow unfairly, where it should have burnt.

"What are you giggling at?" I asked him, smiling slightly.

"M' not giggling," George protested, and I rolled my eyes at him.