C H A P T E R • T W E N T Y F I V E

As soon as Skeppy was gone, Dream immediately turned to Sapnap

"You okay?" He asked. "Sorry if that was too soon."

Sapnap rolled his eyes and punched Dream affectionately in the arm.

"You're such an idiot. I'm fine."

"Bad?" Dream turned to his Prime Minister.

Bad was still gazing forlornly at the door.

"Sometimes I think I'm not cut out for this," he sighed.

"If you ever need a break to spend time with your friends, or if you want an assistant to take on more of your work, you need to tell me, okay? Your mental health is more important than your job."

"My dear pot," I muttered, "Have you met kettle?"

Dream raised an eyebrow at me in confusion, and I looked back at him innocently.

"I heard that," he said quietly. "What was that supposed to mean?"

"Ever heard of closure, Dream?" I asked him, acutely aware I was treading on thin ice. The blonde had done such a perfect job of sweeping it under the carpet that barely anyone had brought up the subject of his parents in months.

"Let's not open that can of worms now," said George, butting in hastily. "We'll never get anything done otherwise."

Dream and I stared at one another for a moment, before I eventually relented, and backed down first, lowering my eyes to the floor. Satisfied, Dream turned to the chief of his army.

"Punz, I think it would be best if you explained to them what you told me earlier."

"Okay," the blonde nodded, blue eyes flitting over each of us, before returning to the map, and laying a finger on the area which had been marked out as L'Manburg. "We've been discussing strategy this morning. I've had some of my guards infiltrate the walls of the new city of L'Manburg to gain intelligence - I don't wanna go into too much detail with that but essentially, we have an underground tunnel that goes under the walls and comes up within the city. The first thing they discovered was that Schlatt was within the walls."

"What?" I hissed. "How the hell..."

"Lex, hold on," said Dream, laying a hand on my shoulder and squeezing gently. "Let him finish, then we can talk about it."

I sighed, but nodded to Punz, and he continued.

"So... Schlatt is in there. My spies saw him meeting with Wilbur, but were unable to get any information as to what they were discussing."

"So he's clearly in L'Manburg because he's been invited there," said Sapnap.

"Yes," Punz confirmed. "So now we need to decide if we think Wilbur is going to Schlatt for help, or if he was part of the plan all along."