C H A P T E R • F I F T Y O N E

JETT's POV

JETT's POV

Water dripping from the end of my trident was the first thing I saw when I awoke. I felt startlingly alert, full of adrenaline fuelled energy, and a burning desire to end JSchlatt's days walking this earth. I felt so aware of my body, feeling how my toes fitted perfectly into my boots, how my fingers curled in a perfect grip about my trident, how balanced I felt in every way as I crouched in the place I had been reborn. My bracelet was back at my wrist, but I knew it had no magical connection to me anymore, only sentimental.

The connection I could feel, however, was at the hand that held my trident. For the first time, I understood what Techno and Phil had meant when they spoke of their connection to their element. I was not supposed to be able to reach my connection as a sorcerer for another six months at least, but perhaps literal death had something to do with being able to reach it earlier than that.

I raised my gaze to meet Dream's, and took his hand, rising to my feet.

All around us, chaos reigned. Punz, Sapnap and Rae were still trying to break through to Schlatt, but his defenders remained impenetrable. Schlatt's gaze was fixed upon Dream and I, a look of pure horror entering his gaze. I smirked at him, daring him to try it, and perhaps he heard me, because he raised the discs in the air, as he'd done so many times already today.

But nothing happened. A singular chain link in the curse had been broken upon my death, and the power of the discs was broken.

"What do you want to do, Jett?" Dream asked me.

"Hmm. Hold on, when did Bad get here? Wait, Karl?"

"Yeah..." Dream's voice came out quieter. "He's a hostage, apparently."

"You get him out of there. I'm going to rip Schlatt's head from his shoulders."

"Alright. You got it, queen."

I grinned at him, grabbing his hoodie before he could walk away, and pressing my lips to his, pulling away before he could react, and running off to join Sapnap, leaving him with Techno.

"Sapnap!" I yelled, running towards him, sweeping aside a soldier who tried to stop me.

Sapnap turned with a start at hearing my voice calling his name, and I winced, remembering he must have seen me die.

"Jett!" He gaped, gripping Punz's arm, and shaking him violently.

The blonde batted him away, but turned to see me join them. Punz shook his head in disbelief.

"I don't know how you're here but we don't have time to question it."

"We sure as hell don't," I agreed. "I'm going to kill him."

Punz and Sapnap simultaneously reached for my arms.

"No, Jett, you're gonna get killed if you go in there!" Punz exclaimed.