C H A P T E R • T H R E E

After ordering the drinks from the bartender, I sat on a bar stool to wait for them to be made, glancing distractedly around the room

After ordering the drinks from the bartender, I sat on a bar stool to wait for them to be made, glancing distractedly around the room. Sapnap was with Tommy on the dance floor, but the rest of my friends had completely vanished, and I wondered what had happened to them. Dream could look after himself, and his complete adoration of George would keep the two of them together for the majority of the evening. Still, I hoped they were okay.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, and turned to see that someone had taken a seat beside me. A guy I did not recognise with scraggy black hair was looking at me with interest.

"Well then, Princess, I never would have expected to see you in these parts."

His tone of voice was not altogether nice, and I cringed as he raised an eyebrow at me. He was trying, and failing, to be seductive. I shook his hand off my shoulder in annoyance.

"I'm pleased to make your acquaintance," he said, holding out his hand.

"Well I'm not pleased to make yours," I said, rejecting the offered handshake. I noted he did not volunteer his name, but I wasn't about to ask.

"Huh," he stated, completely unfazed. "That's a pity, isn't it."

Thankfully, he got no further, as Dream seemed to materialise from nowhere, and pushed the guy away from me.

"I don't know who you think you are," he stated, calmly, "But you'll regret the day you were born if you touch her again."

The invader of my personal space backed off a little, with eyes widening. Dream wasn't exaggerating, and he knew it. Wilbur joined us as well, after a moment, placing himself unexpectedly between Dream and the black haired guy.

"If you aren't capable of respecting a woman then I suggest you leave," he told the guy. "Now."

There was a dangerous tone to his voice which I hadn't expected, and I glanced quickly at the brunet in surprise. The black haired guy finally left, and Wilbur turned to look at the two of us. As usual, Dream's expression gave nothing away, but I knew he was just as surprised as I was.

"Sorry about him," said Wilbur. "He's a bit of a nuisance."

"Since when did you gain any sway in these parts?" Asked Dream. "I see how Tommy looks to you, how everyone does. When did that happen, and how did I miss it?"

Wilbur shrugged.

"I earned their respect. I'd like to earn yours, too. If you'll let me. I want to move on."

Dream frowned, lines of concentration appearing on his brow.

"What are you up to, Wilbur?"

Wilbur sighed, and shook his head.

"Nothing, Dream. I swear to you. I want to make amends."

"I don't know if it's possible to make amends for what you did."