19

TRIGGER WARNING: signs of sexual harrasment.

Charles' POV. 

Okay what to do Charles, what to do?

You look at the drunk pair in front of you and sigh. 

Well, Max surely can't drive anywhere right now in the state that he's in. You don't even know if Skyler has a license but she's under the influence as well so she can't drive either. You could take them in your backseat but you're not quite sure if they'd be any help right now. 

You feel bad for Skyler but you're also slightly annoyed with her for not looking after Sophia. And yes, that sounds selfish considering it's all your fault but that's just how you feel right now.

"Okay, give me the address of your hotel. I'm gonna drive the whole route from here to the hotel and see if there are any signs of her," you say and they nod in agreeance. 

"You two," you say sternly as you point at them. "You're gonna sober up and ask everyone at this party if they've seen her. If there's a lead, you call me and let me know. If no one knows anything then you're just gonna walk around and see if you there are any signs of her nearby."

They quickly stand up and nod silently. 

"If we haven't heard from her in more than half an hour, we're calling the police. And guys, keep in contact."

They nod again and you nod back as you quickly make your way over to your car. Thank god you drove to the party yourself. 

You step in the vehicle and immediately type in the address of the hotel. Usually it should be a ten minute walk so it can't be more than a five minute drive. 

You slowly start to drive through the neighborhood as you try to scan the streets to see if there are any signs of her. It's already dark but with the bright street lights you manage to see pretty well. You see a few people walking around but none of them even look slightly like her. You've even asked a few people while giving a description of Sophia but they were either too drunk to answer or they genuinely hadn't seen her. 

Before you know it, you're at the hotel and you haven't spotted Sophia yet. You quickly park your car in front before you hurry yourself inside the lobby. You immediately head to the reception. 

"Hi. I'm Charles and I was just wondering if you've maybe seen a 21 year old girl with long blond hair and with a... a blue t-shirt and a... I think black jeans walk in here within the last hour or so?" you say trying to remember what she was wearing. 

Usually you pay attention to that kind of stuff but ofcourse not this time. You were too caught up in your own pity.

The receptionist seems to be caught off guard for a few seconds by your rushed voice. 

"Please?" you ask again. 

He finally seems to have processed what you've just said but then he nods his head no. 

"I don't think so, sorry. My shift started three hours ago and I'm pretty sure no one has walked into here ever since. Is there something I can do to help you?"

You feel your anxiety growing in your body after his answer. 

"Can you maybe see if she's checked into her room? I know that might not be legal but she's my friend and I'm worried about her. Her name is Sophia Vettel." 

The receptionist seems to doubt whether to go in on the request but when you glare at him, he quickly turns towards his computer. You nervously tap your fingers on the counter while you look around in the lobby. Your head turns back to the counter when the receptionist starts to talk again.