32

Charles' POV. 

You're walking back and forth restlessly through the living room. You're waiting for Sebastian and Sophia to finish their long conversation - the one of which you can basically hear everything. 

You first tried to shut off your ears because you really don't want to eavesdrop on their private chat but you eventually couldn't stop yourself. It's not like you really want to listen but it's difficult not to when the walls are so thin and they're not exactly speaking softly.  

You're taken back by all the words that have come out of Seb's mouth - from him giving more insight on how Sophia's been feeling to his views on the relationship between her and you. 

Sebastian basically confirmed that Max was right. Sophia does push those away she cares about most and the fact that she pushed you away as well might actually be a good sign in this case. Sebastian also mentioned that it has happened before, something to do with their parents. You wonder what the story behind that is but right now it doesn't really matter.  

Taking everything you've heard into account, you can understand Sophia's actions so much better now. It hurts you to hear that she finds it difficult not to push you away because she feels like she causes you trouble. That's extremely painful to hear because you care about her so much and it couldn't be further from the truth. You want to be there for her. 

Besides that, you also weren't expecting Sebastian to be so supportive of your relationship with Sophia - whatever that relationship is. To hear him say "you guys are made for each other" took you by surprise to say the least. 

It's so weird because you haven't actually noticed it yourself. Yes you like this girl a lot and yes you may have admitted that you love her and that you're in love with her but he's making it sound like she's your soulmate. 

It's not that you don't want that to be true but you're just amazed how everyone seems to see something that you haven't been able to notice yourself. Maybe the two of you are meant to be with each other after all. 

And to be honest, there's nothing you want more than that. 

You just want her. 

You want to be by her side, through the good and the bad. And you want to be the reason for her happiness because she's the reason for yours. You just want to feel her heartbeat against your skin knowing that she's safe with you. You just want her, every day and in every way.  

A soft knock on the door suddenly interrupts your thoughts. Apparently you've drifted away from overhearing the chat between the two siblings and now they're actually finished. That means the knock on the door must be coming from Sophia. 

Your heartbeat starts to rise like crazy and you take a deep breath to remain calm. 

"Come in," you say loud enough for the person on the other side to hear it. 

The door slowly opens and the girl you've been wanting to see and hold for so long pops her head around the corner. 

"Hi," she says shyly as she steps in, closes the door and slowly makes her way over to you. 

You watch her movements closely as you're once again stunned by her beauty. She doesn't seem to have any make-up on and she's wearing a big t-shirt with sweatpants but she still looks absolutely amazing. It just comes natural to her. 

"Hi Soap," you say with big eyes as you try to catch hers. 

You want to greet her with a hug but it doesn't seem to be the right gesture right now. 

"I brought you some flowers," you anxiously tell her as you pick up the bouquet of roses from the table and hand them over.

She immediately starts to smell the flowers and a small smile appears on her face.