23

Sophia's POV. 

You wake up when a bright ray of sun shines through the curtains right into your eyes. You squint your eyes in annoyance and sigh. You still feel so tired. And your neck hurts. Your whole body hurts actually. 

It's only now that you realize that whatever it is you're laying on, it's not very soft. 

Wait what? 

You're in a bed right? A bed is supposed to be soft. 

You squint your eyes in an attempt to open them despite the bright morning light making it very difficult. You slowly lift your head from the hard object and look up to see what it is. 

Charles? Why is he...

Oh god. 

CHARLES. 

Your eyes widen as you suddenly start to remember every single detail from last night. The way he comforted you, the way he helped you, the way he held you after that terrible nightmare. The way... just the way he was there for you. It's all coming back now. 

BUT IT'S HIS CHEST THAT YOU'VE BEEN USING AS A PILLOW! 

And that's not all. Your left leg is in between both of his legs while your right leg is glued to his outside thigh. Your arms are closely wrapped around his bare upper body. 

You're not just using him as a pillow... no, he's become a whole damn bed for your petite frame. Your bodies are tangled together in every possible way. 

Oh god, oh god, oh god. 

Your cheeks immediately turn red and you look up in panic. You observe Charles' face and when you see that his eyes are still closed, you assume that he's still asleep. 

You sigh in relief. Thank god. 

You had absolutely no idea you were so clingy in your sleep. You look like a freaking monkey. 

You now fully lift your head up from Charles' chest as you release your arms from his upper body and push yourself up on your forearms on either side of him. You want to release your leg too but when you pull softly, you suddenly feel that it's stuck. His calves are fully wrapped around your left leg and you really wonder how you ended up like this. 

You look at Charles' face again to see if he's still asleep and when you see that his eyes are still closed, you continue to try.  

You pull a little bit harder but your leg seems to be genuinely stuck. His legs are a lot stronger than yours, even in his sleep apparently. You squint your eyes as you attempt to release yourself for one final time but you sigh deeply when you don't succeed. 

You annoyingly drop your face on his chest again, a little bit harder than you intended to. You immediately feel him squirm underneath you. Oh no. 

'Sophia? Are you awake?" Charles asks with a raspy voice from underneath you.

You lay your head still on his chest and for a second you think about pretending to be asleep. You decide against it though as you're really not laying comfortable right now. You're comfortable with Charles but your body hurts so much from laying in this position. 

"Hmm," you whimper softly but you don't move a muscle. 

"I know you're awake," Charles says and you can tell that he's smirking. 

You sigh and finally lift your head. 

"Hii," you say sweetly as you look at him with big eyes.

He looks down at you and smiles sleepily.