15

"So when am I meeting this man who's stolen my best friend's heart?" your best friend Skyler says as you enter the paddock in Spielberg. 

It's Sunday and you're back at the race track again, only this time you've got your best friend with you. As she's finally on summer break and as Austria is pretty close to Germany, you've asked her to come along once Seb was fine with it. You did it mainly because you missed her and want to spend some time with her but you know she's been dying to meet Charles. You also know that she's been stalking other drivers to see if there's any cute ones and you know that she's taken some interest in Max Verstappen. 

So actually you're not even sure if she's here for you, for Charles or maybe even for Max.

"Ssssh Sky! Not so loud! What if anyone hears you? There's always media around," you say as you look around in panic. 

Luckily no one seems to have heard anything. 

She immediately places her hand over her mouth and grins softly. 

"Whoops, sorry Soph. I still need to get used to being chased by paparazzi." 

You laugh. 

"It's not paparazzi Sky, it's sports media. And they're not here for us. But still, gossip travels fast in this paddock and there's nothing going on yet." 

"What do you mean there's nothing going on??? YOU GUYS KISSED" she says while raising her voice again. 

"Ssshhh Skyler! Shut up or else I'm placing you on a plane back to Germany right now," you say jokingly but you actually mean it. 

She zips her lips and pretends to throw the key away and you slap her softly. 

"You're stupid," you say to her.  

She smiles proudly. 

"I know. That's why you love me." 

You laugh and nod in agreeance. It's true. 

"So this is the Ferrari garage," you say with a nervous voice as you gesture Skyler inside. 

It's actually the first time you're seeing Charles after what happened after the race in France last week. Normally you would've already seen him on Friday or Saturday but you were actually spending some time in the city with Skyler so you haven't been at the race track yet. 

You quickly scan the garage to see if Charles is around but luckily you don't see him yet. You do spot Sebastian talking to some of his mechanics so you decide to walk in his direction. 

"Hey Seb," you say as you nudge his side. "I brought a Max Verstappen fangirl with me." 

He places his arm around your shoulder and gives you a confused look. You nod towards Skyler who's observing his car in the garage and he laughs. Together you walk up to her. 

"Hey Sky, good to see you again," Seb says to her as he lets go of your shoulder and gives Skyler a quick hug. 

'Likewise Vettel," Sophia says as she returns the hug. 

"Cool car you have man," she says as she looks at the car in awe. 

Sebastian grins and nods in agreeance. "I know. Pretty cool huh. Her name is Lina," he says proudly. 

Skyler laughs loudly and you grin as well. 

"Wait, you name your cars?" Skyler asks and Sebastian nods. 

"Well I have to give it to you, that's actually pretty cool," Skyler says. 

Sebastian starts to explain some things on the car to her and as you've already heard that a million times, you nervously look around to see if Charles has arrived yet.