17

You and Skyler are walking to the house of which Charles texted you the address before the race. You're not sure if this is a good idea after everything that happened today but Skyler insisted. You don't even know if Charles is gonna show up because you haven't spoken to him after the race and you can imagine he's not really in the mood. 

Sebastian isn't coming either. He said he rather spends some time with Holly and the kids as the racing schedule is so busy and he doesn't get to see them often. You understand that completely and after the long day at the track, you'd rather have gone home as well but Skyler said it was time to have some fun. You're not sure what she exactly means by that but knowing her, you'll probably find out soon. 

Anyways, Sebastian was fine with the two of you staying another night for the party. You're both adults after all. Britta booked a hotel room for you and Sky to stay in after the party as Skyler told her we would be too drunk to go all the way home to Switzerland. She probably forgot that you never really drink but damn this girl surely knows how to get things done. 

After you left the track, you and Sky made yourselves ready for the party. You're wearing a blue shirt with some black flared jeans. It's casual but still cute. You're also wearing your Dr. Martens even though Skyler argued you should wear heels for once. You resisted as you don't really like heels and you know that she's gonna be in an awful lot of the pain at the end of this night. You choose comfortability over class all day, every day. Besides, you're already pretty tall yourself so there's really no good reason to wear heels. 

After getting yourselves ready and eating some quick dinner, you're now walking your way up to the big house where the party is apparently hosted. You look up in awe at the big villa, impressed by how big it is. You can already hear the loud music banging through the walls. 

You sigh deeply. You're not sure if you're up for all of this after today. 

You don't like crowded places in general and you're not much of a drinker either. You just don't like to lose control over your own body. You love to have a few wines with Holly or at a dinner party where you know you're in a safe space but you don't like to lose control over yourself in a place full of strangers. You can't really explain why but that's just how you feel. 

Parties are thus not really your cup of tea. 

Skyler on the the other hand is probably one of the biggest party animals out there. She loves to drink, dance, kiss random people and every other thing people like to do at parties. That's one of the things you and her differ on quite extensively. 

Luckily you both respect each other in that regard. She barely asks you to come to her parties and you don't expect her not go to parties just because you don't want to. 

But this time you gave in. You want to provide Skyler with an amazing weekend and you know there's a specific reason why she wants to go to this party so bad. 

Much to your surprise, that specific reason actually opens up the door for you after Skyler rings the bell. 

It's the one and only Max Verstappen. 

He grins widely and you roll your eyes. 

"Ah. If it isn't the more beautiful side of the Vettel family. Nice to see you Sophia," he says as he engulfs you in a big hug. 

You're a bit taken off guard as he never actually hugs you but you still laugh. Ofcourse the two of you know each other from over the years but it's not like you're that close. The smell of alcohol around him when he hugs you allows you to figure out why he's suddenly so cuddly. 

He's drunk. And not just a little bit. 

"And who is this pretty lady here?" he says as he releases you from the hug and eyes Skyler up and down without even trying to be modest about it.