29

Sophia's POV. 

You sigh as you take another bite of your dinner. 

"But Sophia, you can't just keep ignoring him. He seemed very upset last weekend. You should go talk to him. Neither of you are benefitting from this," Sebastian says after starting a conversation about Charles for the thousandth time this week. 

Holly told him about your feelings towards Charles and why you've decided to ignore him from now on. You don't blame Holly for telling her husband - who's also your brother - but you're still rather annoyed by Seb's reaction to it. 

He's been telling you over and over again that what you're doing is wrong, that you're going to regret it, that Charles doesn't deserve this and that you're only making things difficult for yourself. 

Yes, he indeed has a very strong opinion on this. 

He just doesn't seem to understand your perspective. It's not the first time this week he has brought it up. 

"Seb, can you just drop it? I've already told you plenty of times why I'm doing this. Can you just stop meddling into my life for once?" you tell him angrily and annoyed. 

You suddenly hear the loud noise of a fork dropping on a plate. You look up and see Seb standing up from his seat. 

"Excuse me!?" he screams angrily as he leans across the table and looks at you. "Stop meddling into your life for once? How dare you say that after everything I've done for you! If I stopped meddling into your life then... then..."

You stand up now as well as you slam your hands on the table.   

"THEN WHAT SEB? THEN WHAT?" you scream at him, urging him to finish his sentence. 

You feel the anger boiling inside of you. What the hell is wrong with him?

"Seb...," you hear Holly say softly as she grabs his hand. "Please don't," she begs him.

Thank god Mia and Emma have already been brought to bed. 

Seb is breathing heavily and he seems to completely ignore Holly. 

The anger inside of you decides to push his buttons even more. 

"C'MON THEN! SAY IT!" you scream again. 

It would be weak of him to back out now. 

"THEN YOU WOULD BE NOWHERE!" he suddenly screams loudly while he looks into your eyes. 

You swallow. 

You swallow harshly. 

"SEB!" Holly says angrily but he keeps looking at you. 

You feel your eyes tearing up. 

Ouch. 

That hurts. 

That one really hurt. 

You stare at him for a few more seconds with water in your eyes before you turn around and sprint towards your room. 

"Wait Sophia, I didn't mean..." 

You don't even hear him finish his sentence as you slam your door shut. 

You jump on your bed and you start to sob, hard. 

You cry out all the tears you've been holding in these last few weeks. It's all coming out now. 

You can't believe he just said that. 

"But it's true," you hear a voice in your head say. 

You start to cry harder.