Chapter 113 - Race x Spot x Albert x Finch - Part 2

Start from the beginning

Seamus looked Race up and down. "No, totally not," he responded sarcastically.

Race rolled his eyes and pretended to yawn to cover up him flipping Seamus off.

Seamus and a few other members of the group laugh.

"Don't do anything your Nonna wouldn't like," their couch commented as he walked over to them, staring at the clipboard.

Race rolled his eyes. "Sorry, Coach, but Seamus deserved it," he responded.

Seamus stuck his tongue out at Race.

Their coach chuckled. "I'm sure he did," he responded, brushing it off.

A few of their teammates snickered.

Seamus gasped, offended.

"Alright, for today's meet, here's what happening," their coach started. "First is the 4x800 meter relay," he informed them. "Kaiden, Seamus, Declan, and Jeremiah are doing that."

The four boys nodded, exchanging smiles and high-fives.

The coach continued for a minute.

Race zoned out until he heard his name.

"Antonio, you are doing the 1600 meter run," his coach informed them.

Race nodded.

It took a few more minutes for his coach to address him again. "And Antonio," he started, looking up from his clipboard, "Cameron is out with the flu, so we're putting you into the 4x400 meter relay as well," he informed him.

Race nodded.

Matthew high-fived him. "We're doing this together, bud!" he exclaimed.

"Oh boy." Race chuckled as he looked into his eyes. "Just don't trip over your own two feet this time and lose it for us," he told him.

Matthew groaned as the other boys laughed. "I saw the mischievous glint in your eyes and ignored it," he said. "I should've walked away," he scolded himself.

Time skip
(We're just skipping most of the meet because I don't know what happens or how they work haha)

Race heard cheering as he crossed the finish line. He ran over to his teammates, who were all hugging.

"That's second place," their coach told them with a smile on his face. "That gives us eight points and puts us in first by one!" he informed them.

Race and his team cheered.

"We did it!" Matthew exclaimed.

"The third meet where we placed first in a row!" Race added excitedly, high-fiving his track best friend.

"If Matthew hadn't tripped in the last event a few weeks ago, it would be six in a row," Declan commented, smirking.

Matthew groaned. "Will you all let that go?!" he exclaimed.

His teammates laughed.