Nights are Better with You

Start from the beginning

(the outfit)

(the outfit)

Mornings would have been less of a burden if you chose to master telekinesis instead of healing magic, but here you are.

There was no time in dwelling in the past and digging up regret when you have to make sure the princes' rooms were all set up and clean, as well as their companions' chambers.

Runa and Kari, the resident housemaids, have already settled those yesterday, but you still have to check.

After that, you'll have to go in the kitchens to chat with the chef, Vern, in order to monitor the food stock as well as to confirm the menu for today.

Lastly, you'll have to brief Langley, the stable boy and helper, about the feeding and shelter for the guests' horses.

It was going to be a busy morning.

"Good morning, Magnus!" you greeted the red headed boy who just entered the inn. He was a houseboy, essentially Runa and Kari's helper, but he also sings during nightly feasts to entertain guests.

"Is that father's order of the beef from the market?" you questioned, pointing at the bag he was holding. It was rather big.

"It is! Has Vern come in yet?" Magnus asked.

"I just finished talking to him actually," you answered. "He's in the kitchen. He might need your help preparing the ingredients."

"Alright, not a problem," he said and began to walk away from you, but he stopped in his tracks and turned back to you. "Do you think Prince Thor would like my song about the barmaid who got lost and-"

"Magnus," you said fondly, accompanied by a raised brow.

"Right. Later. Alrighty." The boy nodded to himself before disappearing into the kitchen.

Duties inside of the inn were done, now to talk to Langley.

You found him in the stables, preparing some hay and clearing out the little storage spaces in each compartment so that the guests' equipment were easy for Langley to retrieve if they were needed.

"Good morning, Langley!" you greeted, a hint of surprise in your voice. He usually would arrive at around this time and would start working when the guests woke, so to see him begin early was a sight.

"Morning," he said pleasantly. "What do you need?"

"I just want to know if we have the deliveries and the supplies for our esteemed guests' horses," you replied, hands clasped behind your back.

"Oh! Yes they have, actually," began Langley. "The fresh hay just came in and I am about to pick up the food."

"Lovely! Do you need a cart or a carriage?"

"The cart is fine. I'll take Madam with me."

Madam and River were the resident horses of the inn, there to help for transportation and also morale. They're sweet and gentle horses. Madam's coat is a shiny chestnut color while River's is pure white.