Epilogue

3rd person pov

A year had passed since Stephen left.
His family moved four months after he disappeared, avoiding Ayesha at all costs. Sydel completely cut off communication with her, worried she might let something slip.
Ayesha expected to see Stephen out and about but after that night. He completely vanished and no one knew why and to where.
Stephen Curry's name later resurfaced the night of the draft.
Ayesha was happy for him even though she had resorted back to hating him.
After months of rebuilding their friendship into something more that lasted two years, the hate she once felt grew back.
And stronger than ever.
Sydel saw it happen. She watched as Ayesha healed physically but deteriorated emotionally.
As she spiralled into a never ending hole of self consciousness and sadness.

She was left thinking she wasn't good enough. That she didn't fit the ideal image. That Stephen found someone better. Someone more suited to be an NBA girlfriend than she was.
All her plans ruined and for what?
For Stephen to walk onto stage after getting drafted and hug his girlfriend.
Not Ayesha.
His new girlfriend.
Whom will be announced his fiancé in two years.
The plan changed.
Two years dating.
Two years engaged.
Two years married.
One year going through divorce proceedings.
His life had already been planned for him.
Some may say a blessing in disguise but he stands firm at it being the biggest bull shit to ever happen in real life.

He himself never spoke to his family unless it was for PR.
He blamed them, for what happened. For him having to marry this girl.
For him having to leave Ayesha.

His parents were completely cut out of his life. He only ever contacted Sydel and Seth to check in on Ayesha and her family. Klay and Dray heard about what happened and also cut contact with Ayesha. They were aware of this arrangement and didn't want to have to pick between the two but decided they had to be there for Stephen.
Sophie and Klay continued to see eachother despite Sophie not knowing about Stephen.
Hazel and Dray broke up for a few months but got back together when Hazel got into a car accident.

It seemed like everyone around Ayesha and Stephen had their lives working out for them. That everyone was happy.
Except for them.

Hello lovelies.

How are y'all.
Tell me have y'all kept up with the basketball season this year?

What do you think about this book?

There will be a sequel soon!

Please do comment and vote. Nothing's worse than starting a new book without anyone to read it.

See ya 😘