Chapter 44: Crashing & Burning

This chapter is dramatic 😅

Stephen pov.
I was fucking happy right now.

After the dance we all had a long ass conversation. It was weird that our friend group has shrunk to 5. Diana impacted Ayesha allot more than she lets on, I don't think she will ever let this go.
Ayesha holds a grudge. Let's leave it at that.

"Sooo." I drawled keeping my eyes on the road.
"Sooo?" Ayesha repeated looking at me. She literally grinded up on me at the dance and she expects me to not do something about it.
"We both know I ain't gonna let that dress go un appreciated." I smirk. God I love it when I make her blush.
"Hmm is that right. So you gonna treat this dress right huh?" She teases. If only I wasn't driving.
"Mm hmm." I hum, pulling up in front of my house.
"Well it's going to have to wait. I have to pop to the store." She un buckled herself.
"I can just drive you." I don't like the idea of her being alone at night.
"Yes but it's literally a few minutes away. Plus I like to know I've got a special someone waiting for me at home."
I grinned at her before hearing a awkward cough.
"So y'all just forgot about us huh?" I looked at Soph who was in between Klay and Dray. Their car got towed so of course I had to give them a lift.
"Well I hope you enjoyed the show." I exited the car and walked over to open Ayesha's door
"Your highness." I say as she walks out the car.
"When are you gonna stop doing that." She giggles.
Never.
"Ahh now. If we knew that I wouldn't even doing it in the first place." She turns fully to me gently grabbing my suit.
"You want me to come with you." I whisper looking down at her, my lips hovering over hers.
"No. I'll be fine. I just need to buy some painkillers." She whispers back. I frown.
"Why. What's hurting?" I wrap my arms around her waist and wraps hers around my torso.
"Just got a little headache." She sighs. I press my forehead against hers and see a small smile grace her face.
Nothing, not one thing could change how much I love this damn girl. Our relationship started with us hating each other. I'd never even been in a serious relationship before her. I'd never been in love before her. I'd never been satisfied more in life before her. She tells me constantly that she loves me and every single time it doesn't feel real.
It's doesn't feel real that a girl and amazing as her actually loves me and fell for a train wreck like me.
"I'll tell you what. Get a few snacks and we can have a late night walk. I'll go in and get you one of my hoodies ok." I kiss her head. She sighs.
"I love you." And there it is. Three words that never cease to fucking amaze me.
I kiss her gently and pull her slightly closer.
"I love you too." 
"I'd better set off. I'll be back in a few ok?" She says hesitantly separating from me.
"Ok. Get me Oreos and maybe you'll get lucky." I wink. She laughs.
"We'll See. Wardell." I groan almost painfully as she walks away adding an extra sway to her hips.

I quickly go over to her house and knock to get a hoodie for her. Her dad answers the door. I immediately straighten up. Sure it's been a year but the man still scares the shit out of me.
"Good evening Mr Alexander. I'm just here to grab a hoodie for Ayesha." He looks me up and down.
"Oh we went to a dance today so I wore a suit." I say hoping to ease his gaze.
"Why does my daughter need a hoodie." He asks. He wasn't intimidating as a man. But as a father. Damn
"We were just gonna take a walk Sir." I gulp. God Stephen man up. He places a hand on my shoulder.
"I've wanted to say this for a while son. I appreciate what you've done to my daughter. Before you she rarely smiled. She wouldn't go out but you. You changed that. So I'd like to formally approve your relationship."
It only took you a year. 
"So uh you didn't approve before?" I had to ask. He laughs again.
"No I did. But I never really told you." I nod.
"Thank you Mr Alexander, I assure you I love your daughter."
He pats my shoulder one last time before leaving.
"I know you do." He says finally.
Before I enter the house I get a text message. It was an unknown number and had an image attached.