Chapter 35: Unpleasant Awakening.

Ayesha pov.
The sunlight beaming through the crooked curtains woke me up. I squinted and look up, seeing Stephen's gorgeous face. I sigh sadly, he needs to go just in case Chris comes back. I cuddle back up to him not ready to let his warm leave me quite so soon. Nothing compares to the feeling you get when waking up to someone you love. Especially after having an amazing night before. I look down at my hand and stare at the ring for a moment. It really was beautiful. I know, I know. We aren't getting married or anything but still looking at it makes my heart swell.
Stephen begins to shift a bit. His eyes flutter open.
"Morning ish" He says. God his morning voice is addictive.
"Morning Steph." I say sweetly. He smiles. I sit up but wince a bit.
" I gotchu hurting." He teases smirking. I laugh lightly and shake my head.
"Boy you best be quite or else." I say.
"Lie back down" he whines.
"I can't. We have to get up. You gotta go to your game before the bastard comes back." I say. He sighs.
"Yeah I know. But just lie down for 5 more minutes. Please." He begs. I sigh and lie back down.
"So you nervous for you first game." I ask.
"Nah. I know I got you." He says I smile.
"Hey Ayesha I forgot to ask you. You remember in like freshman year in college when all the boys were literally lining up to ask you out." He questions. I nod.
"How come you didn't accept any?"
"Cos you always told me bad things about them" I reply.
"Yeah but why'd you listen to me. I mean you did sorta despise me." He says.
"I guess at the back of my mind I didn't wanna say yes. So you just gave me the perfect excuse." I shrug.
"Why do you ask?"
"Oh just klay was saying sommat about it the other day and I always wondered." He says. We stay like this for a bit. He plays with my hair as I draw circles on his stomach.
"Yeah I know. There was just a wet spot on the floor and—" Chris says with his phone pressed against his ear. His words come to a halt when he sees me and Steph. I quickly pull up the sheet to my chest.
"Shit" l hear Steph mumble under his breath.
"So that's why I heard noises coming from above me yesterday." Chris says. I blush in embarrassment.
"Can you leave for like 20 minutes." Steph urges.
"Why, you guys want round 2?" He remarks.
"No we need to get ready." I say.
"Well. I guess I was wrong when I said Steph couldn't hit it right. Or maybe I was right and I just turned you on so you went to the next best thing." He says. I almost gag. Stephen looks at him blankly.
"The fuck wrong with you. You've been sleeping alone. And you really goin say I'm second best. Nigga you'd be second best to a chair." Stephen snaps.
"Can you please go." I say.
"Nah Imma stay. Y'all do your shit. I'll just be here." He says. Ok if I wasn't naked under these sheets, he'd be getting a god damn beating right now,
"You tryna be a perve. Or are you just gay." I say. Chris furrows his ugly ass eyebrows.
"I mean. Your staying cos you wanna see Stephen right" I tease. Steph sighs and looks at me.
"You really couldn't have said anything else." He whisperers. I stifle a laugh.
"You think I wanna see him. Nah. I just wanted to see you two squirm." He says.
"Who's squirming. All we doing is laying down. Your just here lookin like a 50 year old perve looking at two teenagers who are actually getting some action." Steph says. Chris groans and walks out. I bury my head in a pillow.
"That was so embarrassing." I say.
"Yup. We best be getting on before he comes back." Steph says. I nod and get up with a cover around me.
"Why you covering yourself?"
"Nigga you think imma just walk around. What if he comes back" I say back.
"True." He replies.
I go to the bathroom, brush my teeth and have a shower. One I'm done I get out and look in the mirror. Shit, I've got like 4 hickeys up and down my neck.
"Fuck" I say tracing the circles.
"Sorry, What can I say. Your just that irresistible." Steph says walking in. I hand him a spare toothbrush.
"Oh ha ha.  Now I've gotta cover these up." I say.
"Well it's not my fault." Steph says but it comes out muffled as he has a toothbrush in his mouth.
I just laugh lightly and kiss his cheek before leaving the bathroom. I quickly get changed in to a light pink romper and blow dry my hair.
"You think Chris will tell the head councillor." Steph says over the dryer noise.
"Oh shit yeah. Well he best not, he is scared of you and the guys." I say back.
Steph nods and gets changed into his shirt and jeans. Once I was done I turn to Steph, he was laying on the bed on his phone. I go up to him and sit beside him with my legs of the bed.
"Ok so remember before you go into your game. Pray that everything goes right, and remember to say calm." I say.
"I will and plus I know I've got you. That's all I need." He says.  I smile and blush. Why does have to be so damn sweet.
"Ok now you have to go to practise." I say. He sighs.
"I know. I'll see you at the game ok." He says. I nod. He gets up and leans down to kiss me,
"Bye ishiboo" He says going to the door.
"Bye Wardell." I say as he leaves.

Stephen pov.
I made my way to the court to practice. I see Dray and klay there aswell.
"So the plan worked out huh." Dray says as I get a ball of the rack.
"Yup" I say shooting a three and making it.
"Y'all kept the whole hallway up last night." Klay remarks.
"Fuck of klay. We weren't even that loud" I say. I really don't know why I said that cos now I know that sparked a whole lot more shit that they gonna say.
"Bro Soph texted me saying she could hear Ayesha extremely clearly." Klay says.
"Yeah, Diane texted me saying the same exact thing except she could hear both of you." Dray says.
I just look away from them and practice my handles.
"You take 'relaxing before a game' to a whole new level." Klay says shooting the ball.
"Yo at least I got girlfriend." I say back.
"I got a girlfriend. Sophie." He says.
"And how many dates you been on. Oh yeah zero." Dray chimes in.
"Well there hasn't been a spare time. I mean we are in the middle of basketball season." He says.
"Well if you had hurried the fuck up, you would've been on at least one date." I say. He groans, focusing back to the rim. We practice for another hour before the game starts.
I take a deep breath and go onto court. We were down by 4 at the end of the first quarter but were up by 6 at halftime. I played good but not good enough. I sit on the bench and look back to see Ayesha. She looked straight at me and mimed. 'Take it easy, no pressure'. I nod.  The game resumes and we beat the opposing team. 110-125.
To say I was hyped would be an understatement.
We walked into the same room we had to wait in at the start of the trip and were greeted by everyone cheering us, I looked for Ayesha and saw her talking to Sophie and Diane. She locks eyes with me and quickly makes her way over slinging her arms around my neck.
"I told you had nothing to worry about." She says pecking my lips.
"I guess you were right." I say back.
"Now all you gotta do is win, the others." She says. I laugh and nod. We go back to the others and talk for a bit before a teacher approaches us.
"Stephen and Ayesha. Could you please follow me." She says. We look At each other and the others. They just shrugged

This can't be good.

Remember to vote&comment what you think.

See ya 😘