i showed up at her party

Start from the beginning

          Sirius huffed out a sigh, adjusting the quill between his fingers. "Fine." He responded, rolling his shoulders. The feather dipped into the small capsule of ink, dancing across the paper as Sirius tried to concoct an apology that would not only impress Saiorse, but his bespectacled best friend as well.

 The feather dipped into the small capsule of ink, dancing across the paper as Sirius tried to concoct an apology that would not only impress Saiorse, but his bespectacled best friend as well

          "You can't ask someone to forgive you by saying your actions are unforgivable." James interrupted loudly, resting his chin on top of Sirius's head. The boy at the desk swatted him away, tossing the quill on the table.

"Well, James, since you're such a lady killer based on your stellar track record, why don't you do it."

"I can't do it!" James scolded, crossing his arms, making Sirius realize just how much the Potter boy could resemble Euphemia. "I'm not the one professing my love to her."

"I'm not professing — " Sirius shouted, but was quickly interrupted by Euphemia's frustrated call.

"What are you two arguing about in there?!" She shouted from the kitchen, voice muffled by the two walls between them. James' back shot like a rod, smiling nervously as he called back.

"Just about how hard you work to keep this family together, Mum!"

The two boys heard Euphemia's loud laugh that soon turned into a hacking fit, sighing in relief. "Keep your voices down! Your father is taking a nap upstairs, he's not feeling well!"

"Yes, Mum!" James replied loudly, before turning back to Sirius. "Anyways. As I was saying. You just have to go with the flow, Pads. Let the quill take you, let you follow in it's inky footsteps that lead you to an unimaginable world of mesmerizing tales and enchanting anecdotes. What do you think, Sirius? Can we pull back the veil of blank parchment and reach into the source of all being? Do you — "

"Okay!" Sirius shouted again, before wincing as he imagined what Euphemia would do if she heard. He paused one more moment, before looking back down at the unwritten letter. He blinked, trying to think of some sort of sentence that would even capacitate the feelings he was submerged in. Before he could think twice about it, he quickly scrawled on the parchment.

 Before he could think twice about it, he quickly scrawled on the parchment