chapter 43: meet again

We stood there for a few seconds not really knowing what to do.

"How have you been?" He asked me. He kept tapping his right foot softly on the floor, which I supposed it was because he was nervous or anxious.

"Good. Yeah, I've been good... How have you been?" I asked him as I played with my rings.

"Also good, yeah." He said nodding his head.

"Good." I said giving him a small smile.

"I'll go now. Nice seeing you, Aria." Damiano said as he stepped away from the door.

"Nice seeing you too, Damiano." I said as he started to walk away.

I slowly made my way inside the apartment and closed the door behind me.

"Hey, Aria! I was just about to call..." Vic said happily but trailed off as she saw my face as I leaned back against the door. "You saw him, didn't you?"

I looked up at her and nodded my head slowly. She sighed and walked towards me.

"I'm so sorry, Aria. I didn't know he was coming over or else I would've told you to come later. He just showed up to talk about tomorrow night. I'm truly sorry, Aria." Vic ranted.

"It's fine. Really, Vic, stop apologizing. I was bound to see him sooner or later." I sighed.

"Are you sure?" She asked worriedly.

"Yes, Vic. Don't worry about it." I said giving her a fake smile.

She kept staring at me as if she didn't believe me.

"Want to check those outfits out?" I asked, remembering that was the reason she called me in the first place.

"Yeah, let's go!" She said grabbing my hand, yanking me towards her bedroom where the outfits were laid on her bed.

"Wanna do a movie night like the old days?" Vic asked me as we laid on the floor, listening to music.

"Yes. Those were the times." I sighed as a smile made its way to my face as I remembered those times, more specifically the times where Damiano and I went to the kitchen and had some moments in secret. I shouldn't be thinking about this happily. We're not together anymore.

"Want me to invite the gang?" She asked me.

"...Yes." I said hesitantly as I remembered that Damiano was a part of the gang.

"I can always tell him not to come." Vic offered as she noticed my hesitation.

"No... it's okay. Like I said before, it was bound to happen. Now that you're all here I can't avoid him forever." I said as I felt my heart skip a beat as I thought of the two of us close watching the movie.

Oh my God, Aria! Grow up.

This is normal. Everyone has this kind of feeling after seeing their ex for the first time since the breakup... right?

"Are you 100% sure? I won't text him if you don't want to."

"I'm sure. Text the poor guy." I said in a lighter tone.

"Aria, whoever hears you talk, it evens looks like you do want to see him again." She joked.

I don't want to see him again, actually I quite dread it... don't I? I mean, I'm supposed to.

"Just text him." I said rolling my eyes as I got up from the floor.

A few minutes later, someone knocked at the door. Vic opened and it was Sage, Ethan and Diego.

"Hey, girls!" Sage said hugging Vic and I.

"Hi!" Vic and I said in the same tone.

After we pulled away, Ethan walked towards us.

"Hey girls!" He said mocking Sage's voice as he hugged us which made us all laugh.

"Can I join girls?" Diego asked in the same voice as he got in our hug.

"You guys are just so funny aren't you?" Sage asked annoyed.

"They really are though." I said chuckling as the boys laughed. She glared at e which made me laugh even more.

"What are we laughing about?" Thomas asked as he joined us.

"Oh you know, just Ethan and Diego making of Sage. The usual." I said smiling as I placed my elbow on his shoulder.

"Typical." Damiano muttered amused as he leaned against the wall looking at us.

Everyone stopped at looked between us, like they were expecting some major thing to happen.

"We already saw each other before, guys. There's no tea to spill." I told them as I tried not to look into Damiano's eyes.

"No screams?" Ethan asked.

Damiano and I shook our heads.

"No tears?" Diego asked

We shook our heads again.

"No slaps?" Thomas asked.

"Oh my god guys. No one yelled at anyone, no one cried, and no one hit anyone." I said slightly annoyed. "We're adults and we behaved like such." I said nodding towards Damiano who nodded towards me.

"It's true. Now please stop being drama queens. I am the ultimate drama queen, so if you could stop competing that would be nice." He joked to lighten up the mood, which thankfully worked.

I looked at him and sent him a thankful smile which he replied with a nod and a smile.

Being like that with him felt good. Weird, but good.

"Guys, I just had an idea." Vic said happily. Oh no... that's never good.

"What?" Diego asked curiously.

"What if instead of having a movie night we went out?" She asked excitedly. "I mean, it's still 7pm so we all have time to get ready and have dinner. What do you think?

Everyone agreed while Damiano and I shared a nervous smile but nodded our heads. Let's see if going out tonight is such a good idea after all.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!! How are you??

I'm back! I'm sorry for being soterrible at posting right now but after those months posting every day, I just needed a break.

I won't promise you to post a chapter every day again, but I'll defenitely update more than a chapter a month.

I hope you enjoyed this little chapter and I hope you enjoy what I have in store for Aria and Damiano

Please don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts!!

Love you guys!!! <33