chapter 22: in love?

[this is how i imagine Aria to be, but you can imagine her as anyone you want!!]

"Aria? Can you please open the door?" Vic asked after she knocked on the door of my room. Ever since last night I stayed in the bedroom I was sleeping in, and I still haven't opened that door once. At least not when they were awake.

"No." I told her.

"Damiano's not here. He left earlier with Thomas for a walk. Please come out, I'm worried about you." Vic pleaded.

I huffed and got out of bed. As soon as I opened the door, the threw herself at me.

"Don't do that shit again!" She warned.

"Sorry, I just... felt like being alone." I said as I looked at the ground.

"I know... Not going to lie, I'm kinda sad that I didn't know about you and Damiano." She told me.

"I know, Vic... but I didn't want to tell anyone. We went to being enemies, to enemies with benefits, to kind of friends with benefits, to as soon as we're ready we can start a relationship." I vented.

"Calm down, Ari." Vic said as she placed her hands on my shoulders. "Can I ask you something?" She asked and I nodded. "Are you in love with him?"

As soon as those words came out of her mouth my heart stopped.

No. That was my first answer.

Maybe?

I have no idea... I don't think I was ever so confused in my entire life. I always hated Damiano... then I started to hate him less and less... sometimes I even wondered what it would be like to be in a relationship with him, or else I wouldn't have taken that deal he offered me. Yup, there were definitely feelings there.

But now? After hearing what he said about me?

I hate him.

Sure, what he said was weeks ago... but we were already something when he said those things to Thomas.

It hurt... even though I didn't want to admit it, he hurt my feelings... the ones that I tried so hard to avoid.

"That silence tells me everything I need to know." Vic said smiling slightly.

"The only thing you need to know right now, is that the strongest feeling I have for him is hatred." I said angrily and she just nodded her head softly at me.

"Sage, do you know where are our-" Damiano called as he entered the house but cut himself off as soon as he saw me.

We just stared at each other. His eyes showed sorrow and guilt, while mine... well, mine showed pain and anger. Pretty understandable if you ask me.

"Uh... Damiano, what did you want?" Sage asked him, in hopes to end this tension among us.

"Uh, I wanted to know if you knew where our shorts were." He said looking between Sage and I.

"Right there." She said pointing at a rope outside.

"Thanks." He said nodding at her.

He looked back at me, and our stares stayed the same as before. He took a deep breath and shook his head before going back outside.

"Aria," Sage started.

"Don't. Please." I said before going to the kitchen where Ethan was.

The rest of the weekend went by painfully slow. Damiano and I didn't speak once, thank God. Our friends kept trying to divide their time between us. I love them for being such great friends and for not pushing me into doing something I don't want to.

I ended up explaining them the whole story and they got shocked that most of it happened right under their noses.

I was in my bed, replaying all of Damiano and I's good moments and without wanting to, I started crying. Sobbing at some point. Sage must've heard this, and she came into my room and held me as I cried.

"Do you want to do something today?" Thomas asked me as I was curled up on my couch.

"Movie?" I asked them.

"Is it okay if... he comes?" Thomas asked me shyly.

I wanted to say no. Obviously. But I also didn't want to stop my friends from being with their friend.

"Sure." I said emotionless.

"Are you okay with it?" Vic asked me.

"No. Of course, I'm not." I scoffed. "But, I have to learn how to live with him whether I like it or not." I sighed.

"Yeah, that's true." Thomas agreed and Ethan hit him in the head making him groan in pain. Sage, Vic and I laughed at the boys' stupidity.

An hour later Damiano came in.

"Hey, guys." He said as he came inside after Ethan opened the door.

"Hey." They all said back while I just looked at him.

"Did you buy the popcorn?" Vic asked him.

"Shit, I forgot." As he was about to grab his wallet from the counter, Ethan and Thomas decided to play with it, throwing it at each other.

"Guys, come on. Give me that." He said losing his patience.

"No can do, man." Thomas said laughing.

"Thomas. Ethan. Stop it." He said annoyed. As he was bout to take it out of Thomas's hands, Thomas threw the wallet so high that it landed right next to me.

They all looked at me, not knowing what my next move was going to be.

I sighed and grabbed the wallet that was laying next to me. As I grabbed it, something fell off. I placed the wallet on the side of the couch and bent down to see what had fallen off.

I froze.

I couldn't believe I was seeing that.

I looked at Damiano with tears in my eyes while he just looked down, trying to avoid eye contact.

In my hand, I had the polaroid picture that was taken of us a while ago, when we were sleeping on the couch.

"You still have it?" I asked even though I obviously knew the answer. I was still trying to wrap my mind around it.

"I could never get rid of it. It's too important." He said quietly.

I felt a tear run down my cheek. I quickly got up and went to my room, not bothering to respond to my friends' calls.

-----------------------------------------

Hey guys!! How are you doing??

The polaroid :o

What do think is gonna happen next?

I'm in a weird situation guys. Basically I have a crush on one of my close friends and he has a crush on one of my best friends who is not interested at all, so that's nice :')

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!!

Please don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts!

I love you guys!!! <33