chapter 6: teasing

"Hey! Wanna come with us?" Sage asked me.

"Nah, I think I'm good." I said before looking back at the tv.

"Come on, Aria! You've been avoiding the group for two weeks!" Sage whined.

"Okay, first of all, I haven't been avoiding the group. I was with Vic almost every day, I spent the night at Thomas's three days ago, and Ethan and I hung out here yesterday; second of all, I just don't wanna go." I said shrugging my shoulders.

"So, in other words, you're avoiding Damiano." She said giving me a knowing look.

"Yeah, pretty much." I sighed leaning back on the couch.

"What happened? Like yes, I know the whole 'we hate each other' deal, but you never actually avoided each other." She said sitting down next to me. "Is it because he saved your life?"

"No, it's not that..." I said before sighing once again. "Do you remember that night when Damiano got into a bar fight?" I asked her.

"Yeah, the one where you danced together." She said nodding her head.

"Yes... well, he told me that I was hot and was a good dancer." I said looking down at my lap.

"He WHAT?!" She yelled. "Oh my... wait, then why are you only avoiding each other now?" She asked confused.

"When I came home after the hospital, Ethan somehow got him to come here, and before he left... he admitted that he meant everything he said that night." I muttered the last sentence under my breath.

"OH MY GOD!" She yelled again.

"Keep it down, woman!" I said containing myself not to slap her arm.

"Sorry, this is just so exciting!!" She squealed.

"Yeah, well, that's why I have been avoiding him." I told her.

"You think he's hot, don't you?" She said smirking at me.

"Sage!" I whined.

"What?! A little physical attraction never killed anybody." She said shrugging her shoulders.

"Can we change the subject please." I pleaded.

"Fine. Just know that if you fuck one day, I called it." She said winking at me.

"Don't you have somewhere to be?" I asked her.

"I do. Just know that today is the last day that you're able to skip. You have to face him eventually." She said getting up from the couch.

"Whatever, have fun!" I said and she waved before leaving the house.

As time went by, I eventually got bored, so I decided to go to the café near my house.

"Hello. Have you chosen your order yet?" The waitress asked me a few minutes after I arrived.

"Yes. I'll have an iced black coffee with sugar and an avocado toast please." I said as I gave her the menu.

"Alright, it'll be right up." She said smiling at me and I muttered a thank you.

While I was on my phone, I felt a presence beside me. I looked up and saw Damiano looking down at me. You've gotta be kidding me....

"Is this seat taken?" He asked pointing at the empty chair in front of me. I shook my head and he sat down.

"Just because the seat isn't taken, doesn't mean you can sit down." I said narrowing my eyes at him.

"It's the same thing, princess." He teased.