chapter 16: accident

"Okay... I'm gonna go. Are you sure you don't want to come?" Sage asked me as she grabbed her keys.

"Positive. Besides, this show is way too good." I said pointing at the show on TV.

"Really? Aria, you've watched that show like 100 times!" She said raising her eyebrows.

"Okay, first of all, it only 3 times, alright? Second of all, there's never enough times to watch Outer Banks." I said proudly.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night." She said rolling her eyes at me. "But seriously, you need to come! I'm sick of you and Damiano finding excuses not to see each other. What the hell happened anyway?"

"It doesn't matter. Wait, did you say he doesn't hang out with you guys?" I asked her.

"Ever since that night in the bar last week, no." She told me.

"Still, there's a huge probability of him showing up." I said crossing my arms.

"Aria, the probabilities of him showing up are pretty much nonexistent." She said rolling her eyes.

"Are you sure?" I asked her.

"Yes. Like I said, I haven't seen him since that night." She said sighing.

"Huh... then maybe I'll come." I said looking between her and the tv.

"Well, come on then!" She said hurrying me up.

"JJ, Rafe, I'll see you later!" I said dramatically as I got up.

"Oh my God." Sage mumbled as she shook her head at me.

We went to Vic's house, and as she opened the door, I saw Damiano sitting on her couch.

"I knew I should've taken the odds." I whined.

"I'm sorry, Ari. I really thought he wasn't going to be here." Sage said sending me an apologetic look.

"I knew I should've stayed at home. This is all your fault." I whisper yelled as I pointed at her.

"Well, I'm pretty sure Damiano is going to be pissed at me because I told him that you weren't coming..." Vic said sharing a look with Sage.

"Great. That's just great." I huffed as we walked inside.

As the door closed, Damiano looked up at us. We locked eyes and for some reason we were not able to pull away. After a few seconds, Damiano diverted his eyes from me to Vic, only to glare at her.

"You told me she wasn't coming." He said with seethed teeth.

"I didn't know." Vic said annoyed at his behavior.

"Well, you should've." He said annoyed.

"Don't worry, I also didn't know you were coming, or else I would've stayed at home." I said before giving him a sarcastic smile.

"Well, then maybe you should've stayed." He said narrowing his eyes at me.

"Yeah, maybe I should've." I said scoffing at him. "And you what? That's where I'm going." I said turning away.

"No, wait. Aria, don't go!" Vic said grabbing my arm. "If Damiano's bothered, then he's the one that should leave."

"Are you really picking her over me?" He asked her in disbelief.

"Yeah... right now, I am." Vic said glaring at him.

"Great... fucking great." He spat as he got up from the couch.