chapter 34: bonding

"How was your morning?" I asked as my dad and Damiano got back from their little 'in-laws' moment.

"It went great." Damiano said smiling.

"Yeah, you made a good choice with this one." My dad said laughing as he patted Damiano's shoulder.

"I'm glad." I said smiling at them. "Only Andrew's missing."

"He's on his way." My mom told me.

"Were you talking about me?" My brother said as he walked inside.

"Like you didn't hear." I said narrowing my eyes at him playfully.

"Funny." He said sarcastically. "Damiano, right? I'm Andrew. I'm the one you should be worried about." He said shaking his hand.

My mom cleared her throat, and my brother closed his eyes.

"Only after her, of course." He said pointing at my mom, which made my dad roll his eyes.

"Aw, little boy got scared of momma over there?" I mocked my brother.

"N-No. Shut up!" My brother complained and I laughed.

"Damiano, don't worry about him. He's all talk at first but I'll bet that in an hour you'll be besties." I said patting Damiano's shoulder.

"Good to hear." Damiano laughed which made Andre laugh.

"Damiano, dear. Could you help me here with something?" My mom asked him.

"Yes, of course." He said getting up with no hesitation which made me smile.

At this, Andrew scooted over to me.

"I like him." He whispered.

"I know." I smirked and my brother laughed.

After lunch, my family and I ended up showing Damiano our favorite spots in Lisbon, which he truly loved and promised to be back. Just like I predicted, my brother was all over Damiano, since he's only a year older than him, and they share quite a few interests, just like him and my dad. My mom and I just laughed at the 3 men in front of us and gossiped a bit.

By the time we got back it was already nighttime, which sucked since we had a plane to catch at noon the next day.

"Did you enjoy your day?" I asked Damiano as we laid on my bed.

"I did! I'm in love with your family." He said smiling.

"Believe me, they're in love with you too." I said laughing.

"That's good, right? Means I already won the heart of my future 'in-laws'." He said as he wiggled his eyebrows.

"Oh my God." I laughed as I hit him lightly with a pillow. "You will never stop saying that, will you?" I asked him.

"Only until it becomes true." He said smiling proudly.

"Yeah, okay. Let's go to sleep, pretty boy." I said turning off the lights.

"So you think I'm pretty?!" He said imitating the tiktok trend.

"No. I think you're hideous. That's exactly why you're my boyfriend." I said rolling my eyes, even though he couldn't see.

"You just rolled your eyes along with your sarcastic comment, didn't you?" He asked and I laughed knowing that he already knew me too well.

"Maybe..." I said smiling.

"Bitch." He said smiling.

"Asshole." I said on the same tone.

"I hate you."

"I hate you too."

"I love you."

"I love you too." I said matching the same tone every time. 

We kissed and since we were tired we ended up falling asleep not to long after.

"So, this is it... you're really leaving." My mom told us as she started to get teary eyed.

My mom and my dad brought me and Damiano to the airport, since it was now time to leave.

"Oh, mãe. Por favor, não chores." I said hugging my mom. [Oh, mom. Please don't cry.]

"Eu tento, mas é mais forte que eu." She sniffled. [I try, but it's stronger than me.]

As we pulled away, I saw my dad and Damiano hugging as well.

"Nice meeting you, kid. I hope to see you around soon." My dad said, patting his back.

"Nice to meet you too, Carlos. Me too." Damiano said smiling at my dad.

"Please come around more often." My mom said giving Damiano a light hug.

"Will do, Claudia." He said smiling and my mom smiled back.

"Liga-me mais logo, sim?" My dad said as he hugged me. [Call me later, yes?]

"Sim, pai. Não te preocupes." I said pulling away. [Yes, dad. Don't worry about it.]

"Let's go?" Damiano asked me as he took my hand.

"Yes." I said smiling. "Bye!" I said waving at my parents as we started to walk away.

"Bye, honey!" They said sweetly. My mom was hugging my dad as she cried on his shoulder.

"Are you okay?" Damiano asked me once we were on the plane.

"Yes." I said nodding my head.

"It's okay if you're not, you know? It's totally normal." He said squeezing my hand.

"I know... I know." I said squeezing his hand back as I rested my head on his shoulder.

-----------------------------------------------

Hey guys!! How are you??

Sorry for the boring chapter!! I have been binge watching criminal minds and let's say I'm obsessed :) I've also been writing a Rafe story, and please if you like Outer Banks, check it out because I'l actually proud of the outcome so far!

What do you think will happen next to DARIA?

Please don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts!!

I love you guys!!! <33