chapter 24: fireworks

"What do we do now?" I asked Damiano as we were laying on my bed, facing the ceiling.

"I don't know." He sighed.

"Do we tell them?" I asked him.

"I'm not so sure about that..." He sighed once again. "How about we do this: we keep this to ourselves for a couple of weeks, then we tell them." He as he turned to the side so he could face me.

"I like that option." I said smiling at him.

He wrapped his arms around me as he ran his fingers through my head.

"God, this is weird." I said chuckling.

"A bad weird?" He asked nervously.

"No! Definitely a good kind of weird." I said before pecking his lips.

"I could get used to this." He said smiling with his eyes closed.

"You better." I laughed before kissing him again, which made him smile into the kiss.

"Good morning, guys!" Vic said happily as she joined the rest of us in the kitchen.

"Morning." We all said at the same time.

I was sitting on the counter eating an avocado toast, Damiano was a couple feet away from me, leaning against the wall eating a bowl of cereal, Thomas was sitting at the table eating a bowl of cereal, Ethan was sitting at the table eating a simple toast, and Sage was also sitting at the table eating a bowl with yogurt and granola.

"How did y'all sleep?" She asked as she made a toast for herself.

"Good." Each of us said.

"How is your situation going?" She asked as she pointed at Damiano and I.

"Okay."

"Normal."

We said at the same time.

"Right... did any of you hear yelling and crying?" She asked our friends.

"Not that I know of." Ethan said looking between us.

"Are you sure you're okay?" She asked us confused.

"Yes." We said, again, at the same time.

"Are you dating?"

"No."

"Are you friends?"

"No."

"What are you then?!" She asked frustrated.

"More friendly than we were before." I said and Damiano nodded his head towards me.

"Yeah, let's leave it at that." Damiano said and I nodded my head.

"Better than nothing, I guess." Vic said shrugging her shoulders and they all nodded.

I looked at Damiano and he winked at me, which made me contain my laughter.

"Guys, see what I just found!" Sage said as she ran inside the living room, where we were all watching vines.

"What is it, honey?" Ethan asked her as she sat beside him.

"I have a video of Aria singing!" She said excited.

"No!" I said loudly as I widened my eyes at her.

"Oh, I want to see that!" Vic said before taking Sage's phone.

"No. Guys, please stop." I pleaded but it was useless.

"Come on, it's only like 15 seconds!" Sage said trying to encourage me.

"Guys-" I tried but they cut me off.

"Play it, Vic! I wanna hear it!" Thomas said hyping me up even though he didn't listen to the video.

Vic played the video and they all looked at me while I hid my face on my hands. 

"You totally sang that after hearing Damiano sing, didn't you?" Vic asked smiling.

"Maybe that inspired me..." I trailed off while they all cheered. "You can judge my skills now..."

"It was amazing, girl!" Sage said hugging me.

"I agree! I really liked it." Ethan said joining the hug.

"So did I!"

"I'm so proud!"

Thomas and Vic said before joining the hug as well.

I looked up at Damiano and he was looking at us amused. I smiled at him, and he winked at me and gave me a thumbs up.

"Maybe you'll be the next member of the band!" Vic said.

"Nah, that life isn't for me." I laughed.

"That's too bad. You'd be an amazing lead singer." Thomas joked.

"Hey! I'm our lead singer!" Damiano chimed in.

"Your point?" Vic asked him.

"She's not as good as me." He said raising his eyebrow.

"Sure..." Vic said before laughing.

"If being your lead singer, means I can replace Damiano, then maybe I'll reconsider it." I said looking at Damiano.

"Hey!" He whined looking at us and we just laughed at him.

"Relax, pretty boy. I don't want your place." I told him and he smiled at me, making our friends share confused looks.
[i tried to upload a video of a girl singing begging but unfortunately i wasn't able to do so 🥲]

"Let's go!" Thomas yelled as we ran through the streets of Rome late at night.

"What is it that you want to show us?" Damiano asked him.

"Just move your ass!" Thomas yelled and Damiano rolled his eyes, and I couldn't help but snort at him.

Finally, we all stopped running, near a river. We were high up, and we could see most of the city lights, which was quite beautiful.

"It's almost time." Thomas said happily.

"For what?" I asked confused.

As I finished my question, fireworks started. My immediate reaction was to cover my ears. I'm hate the sound of fireworks. It makes me anxious and nervous and my heartbeat races like crazy. Before I knew it, I felt a pair of bug hands covering my ears. I looked up and saw Damiano nodding softly at me, as he pulled me closer to him.

I can't believe he remembered our conversation about our fears a few weeks ago... it's quite sweet, not going to lie.

-------------------------------------------

Hey guys!! How are you doing??

I don't even know what this chapter was tbh

I'll see what else I should give you next

I hope you still enjoyed this chapter!!

Please don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts!!

I love you guys!!! <33