chapter 39: Hawaii pt.2

"So... still the same?" Vic asked me as I was lying on her bed, facing the ceiling.

"What do you think?!" I huffed.

"I think that Damiano was stupid for not telling you, but I also know that this is a very touchy subject for him." Vic said, trying to justify Damiano's actions. I don't blame her, he's her best friend after all.

"Vic... he told me he had never been in love before. Clearly, that's not the case." I said rolling my eyes.

"Believe me, Aria. I totally get that... but have you thought that maybe it's because he was in love with the idea of her, and not truly her, meaning he had never been in love with actually a person." Vic explained.

"Still, Vic. By the way he spoke it looked like he had never been through a heartbreak or anything of the sort." I groaned.

"Oh, yeah, well he went through that." She said tilting her head.

"You see?! I just... I wish we could go through more than a few months without having stuff like this happening."

"Maybe try talking to him?" She asked and I glared at her. "I know that you're mad and you have reasons for that, but I just think you should listen to him. He's still your boyfriend and you love each other, don't forget that." Vic said as she pointed a finger at me.

"Okay. Fine." I groaned as I got up from her bed.

"Yes, girl! You've been here for a day and a half, go get your man." Vic cheered as I went for a quick shower, before getting dressed and heading downstairs.

"Oh, look who she is!" Diego said as I reached the end of the stairs where he was.

"Hi, there." I said giving him a quick hug.

"Finally came out of Vic's shelter?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"What does it look like?" I asked as I twirled around, making him laugh.

"Looks like you did." He said smiling.

"Yeah, Vic convinced me to talk to Damiano to hear what he has to say." I said shrugging my shoulders.

"Oof... I would support that decision tremendously, if it wasn't right now." Diego said as a glint of panic showed in his eyes.

"Why not right now?" I asked him with furrowed eyebrows.

"He wasn't feeling well." He said as he rubbed his own tummy.

"Why?" I asked now worried.

"It-It was just something that he ate yesterday, don't worry about it." He told me quickly. To everyone else, that sentence would've been completely normal... but not everyone else knew Diego like I did. He was hiding something.

"What-" As I was about to ask what he was hiding, I saw he's eyes drift to the bar area for a split second. That was enough for me to know that Damiano was there.

When I turned around to look at the bar, I saw Damiano... with her.

He was drinking what I assumed to be bourbon, while she was drinking some cocktail. She was heavily flirting with him, her leg brushing against his... and he did nothing. He didn't even try to stop it, which, of course, drove me mad.

"Next time, try to lie a little better, Diego." I said as I patted him on the shoulder, before walking towards Damiano and Melania.

"No, Aria, wait. Please!" Diego called but I ignored.