chapter 29: Ethan's birthday

October 8th. Today was Ethan's birthday and since Sage wanted to make him a surprise party, everyone was stressed out.

"So we have everything?" Sage asked and we all nodded. "Good. Damiano, don't forget that you're picking him up in an hour. Girls and Thomas, we have the cake to pick up in three hours, the flowers and balloons in four and people come in six hours. Correct?" She asked us and we nodded again. "Good." She said before letting out a deep breath.

"Calm down, Sage. I'm sure that whatever you do, Ethan's gonna love it." I said as I rested my hand on her shoulder.

"Do you really think so?" She asked nervously.

"Yes!" We all exclaimed at the same time.

"Please! He's whipped." Damiano joked.

"Oh, like you're not." She said pointing at me.

"We're not talking about me here." He said rolling eyes. I laughed and hugged his arm, making him smile down at me.

An hour went by and Damiano left to go have lunch with Ethan. I was in charge of the flowers, Vic of the balloons and Thomas of the cake.

I was about to my way inside as I heard someone call my name.

"Aria?" I looked around and saw someone I haven't seen in years.

"Ryder? Hi!" I said as I hugged the boy.

Ryder was my high school boyfriend. He was friends with Sebastian and I, as well as a few other girl friends that completed our high school little squad. He had brown curly hair and hazel eyes. He was also tall too.

"How have you been?" He asked me.

"I've been great! How have you been?" I asked him.

"I've been alright, yeah." He said laughing a bit.

"God, I haven't seen you since high school!" I said as I took a better look at him.

"3 years to be exact." He said proudly.

"Yeah. Like I said, a long time." I said laughing.

"I guess so." He said shrugging his shoulders still with a smile on his face. "What do you say about grabbing a coffee and catch up one of these days?" He asked me.

"Well, I have to see with my boyfriend, but yeah, I think it's fine. Oh, we can also invite Sebastian!" I said excited.

"Wait, the Sebastian?! You guys still talk?" He asked me.

"Yeah! We're still friends and he moved here too." I said smiling.

"That's great then. I'm just here for business, but I'll text you. Same number?" He asked.

"Same number." I said nodding my head.

"Alright, I'll text you, then. See you around, Aria." He said as he gave me a small hug.

"See you, Ryder." I said as I waved him goodbye.

I picked up the flowers and went back to Ethan's where Sage was organizing things.

"Wow. This is beautiful, Sage." I said as I took a good look at the organized living room.

"Thank you. I really hope he likes it." She said nervously.

"I'm sure he will. Don't worry about it, okay?" I said reassuring and she nodded her head. "Good. Now, what do you need me to do?" I asked.

"Honestly, nothing. Thomas already bought me the cake that's in the fridge, Vic got the balloons, as you can see," She pointed at the balloons hanging on the wall across from us. "and now you got the flowers. I already the snacks on the table, so everything's perfect." She said smiling at the view.

"I'm glad, and I'm really proud. Believe me, he's going to love it." I said smiling at her.

"Let's hope so." She said sighing.

A few hours went by, and all of Ethan's friends were here, meaning only Damiano and Ethan were missing, which meant that they would be arriving any minute now.

We started to hear them laughing in the hallway.

"They're here!" Sage said anxious, meaning everyone should be quiet and the lights should be off.

Damiano and Ethan walked inside still laughing about something. As Ethan turned on the light, we all yelled "SURPRISE!"

"What-" Ethan said confused. After he realized what was going on, tears started to show in his eyes.

"Happy birthday, baby." Sage said she got close to him. He didn't waist any second in wrapping his arms around her, hugging her tight.

As everyone was cheering, I didn't even notice Damiano coming towards me.

"Hey." He whispered in my ear.

"Hi." I whispered back.

"Everything looks great." He told me.

"Well, say that to Sage since she practically made this whole thing by herself." I told him.

"Next month is your turn." He said winking at me.

"Yeah, right." I scoffed.

"What, you don't think I could pull this off?" He asked with raised eyebrows.

"Honestly? No." I said laughing.

"You're serious." He said furrowing his eyebrows.

"Yes." I said still laughing.

"We'll see about that. Then, you won't doubt of my capacities anymore." He said just like a moody child, quite amusing.

"Yeah, yeah. We'll see." I said smiling slightly.

He saw me smiling, scoffed and walked away from me, making me laugh at his reaction. Suddenly I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket. I took it out to check what it was.

From Ryder: Hey, Aria! I was thinking about us having coffee this weekend. What do you say?

------------------------------------

Hey guys!! How are you doing??

What do we think of Ryder?

And what do we think of Damiano being a cute moody baby?

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!!

I wanna see some of your theories for the following chapters!! --->

The picture from the beginning of the chapter is Aria's makeup for the party.

Please don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts!!

I love you guys!!! <33