Crisis

"So now we know that Dan and dad are being held in Amegedon," Priel said.

"Exactly, and now we know our enemies," Rudev replied.

Priel smiled and reached out for a hug, but suddenly some women's voices were heard crying outside. Rudev and Priel sighed and knew it was trouble. They both walked out and saw some nights blocking them, preventing them from going in." What is it?" rudev asked.

The lady cried out, "Rudev Ephraim Mary, we are hungry and we are running out of foodstuff"

Rudev became sad. She hated seeing her people like this. "I promise, all this will end one day and things would be better"

"When!" they cried. Rudev looked down. She tried to sob. She muttered some words that would be understood at the moment. "Just one more thing I have to do"

She walked in avoiding any more questions,priel followed her in and said "Rudev, we have to go import food"

"Yes, but you said you've tried all the kingdoms in Jeroboam, none of them think we're finally stable to pay them"rudev replied.

Priel looked down and muttered"I didn't  try all of them"

Rudev scoffed and replied, "Which one didn't you try?"

priel cringed and whispered"Kenaland"

Rudev widened her eyes and stifled her laughter."It's not funny"priel said walking away. Rudev was right behind her"Why don't you just try, he might agree"

"No, that man is a lunatic" she mumbled.

"Okay but that was in the past now, he might have lost the love he had for you"rudev replied. Priel gave her a stern look and said"you mean obsession"

Rudev burst into laughter." That man tried to kidnap me and force me into marrying him, I mean he's older than your dad and he thinks I'll end up with him"priel said.

Rudev coughed and said"He might listen to me if I tag along"

"Rudev, you tried to remove his eyes the last time"priel replied.

Rudev smiled and nodded. She stood and tapped her"Come on, let's just try our luck"She walked out the door"Priel!" she called her name. Priel grumbled at stood up, she walked to the door.

***

"Excuse me, sir, how much is your vegetables?"Eve asked. The man replied"one fifty shekels"

Eve gasped and shouted"I bought this fifty the last time"

"Excuse me madam but when was your last time? things are now tough over here and our goods are finishing so we have to increase the price "he replied rudely.

"How dare you! okay, what happens if you increase the price? what will you use the money to buy? Is there more food?" she asked.

"I'll carry my family and live this pathetic kingdom!" he screamed.

"What did you say?"Joza asked walking towards them. Eve turned and saw him, she gulped and knew that man was in for it.

The man trembled and his lips stuck together. Joza walked towards him, eve blocked Joza to prevent him from causing any harm.

"He's not wrong? our kingdom is ...pathetic" she whispered to him.

Joza pushed her aside slowly and said "you're  right "

The man gasped out air as if he had been holding his breath for way too long.

Eve was amazed at the quick reaction" Sir?" the man muttered.

"Yes?"Joza replied

"So you mean you'll let us go if we wanted to?" he asked.

"Yes," Joza replied.He turned to the other people who seemed to be listening as well"I'm sorry our kingdom has put you through a lot and I understand if you want to leave,you're free,we do not own you"

Eve was impressed, she clapped softly while the others thanked him.

The people hurried to begin packing their bags and luggage." That was impressive"eve said. Joza looked behind and replied"All thanks to you"
"I don't think I did anything, "eve said.

"Are you kidding me?it was you that made me see life from another angle, respect not to fear...remember?" he stared into her eyes.

Eve smiled and nodded. Joza stepped in for a hug, eve felt guilty all of a sudden, the fact that joza had changed even if she was deceiving him made her feel like a bad person.She wept.

Kenaland

"My lord, you have visitors, "A guard said bowing down."Who?" the king replied.
"The royalties from kingdom Persia..." he replied. The King immediately smiled and said"They're  welcome"

Rudev and Priel were escorted inside, priel seemed shy and angry, she didn't want to be there while rudev walked in confidently behind her. Priel stepped in first, the king saw her and exclaimed jolly"Priel"

As soon as rudev stepped in, he frowned and muttered"Rudev Ephraim Mary...:"

Rudev bowed and replied "King Boaz of kenaland"

King Boaz was fat and old, he was sixty-two years old and he has four children who are older than priel and rudev.

"What pleasure do I owe this visit?" he asked drinking wine on his throne.
Rudev beckoned to priel to do the talking"We would love to do business with you, we would love to buy some goods from your market and take to our kingdom"priel replied. She couldn't make eye contact with him although he was looking directly at her.

The king laughed and replied"Are you sure you want to go to all that stress of wasting money when your kingdom needs it. Your kingdom is falling apart, no food or security and you want to waste money too?"

"Thanks for your concern but we are okay wasting money"rudev replied.

"The last time we encountered, I was sure never to see you two again but here you are begging at my doorstep"

"We're not begging!"Priel screamed.

"We're buying it !" she added but now in a much lower tone. She became irritated "Come on rudev, let's go" she pulled rudev away. The king then said, "I could give you for free".

They both stopped and turned to him, it didn't sound good.
"What?"priel asked.

"I could give you for free if you agree to my terms," he said.

"What terms are those?"rudev asked.

"You know what I want,priel," he replied.
Priel widened her eyes.