Family Ties

Rudev finally made her way out of the palace and walked towards the festival. The occasion hadn't changed; it was still the second-best in the kingdom; the crowd had even increased and it was even fancier and beautiful. Rudev was amused, she didn't remember when last she stepped her feet here, she actually felt kind of happy she was back there.

She walked in with so much joy, but she made sure to remember that she had a purpose. Rudev hopped around like she was in a wonderland, but turned when she heard her name.

"Rudev!" she saw Reuben and Philip waving at her.

"Guys!" she rushed towards them.

"You made it, " Philip said. She replied, "What did you say?" The noise at the festival was deafening.

"I said you made it!" he increased his tone.

Rudev nodded in excitement"Okay, don't forget. The auction will take place any time" Reuben said.

They stood looking at each other for a while "Don't you want to have a little bit of fun?"Philp asked rudev.

"Nope! I don't wanna forget my task, I have to go as soon as possible" she turned away still admiring the place. She looked up in the air looking at the hot air balloons, people were now allowed to ride in them.

All of a sudden, a man stood up and grabbed the speaker. Everyone turned to him and the music was turned off.

"It must be time "Philip whispered.

"The event we're all waiting for, the auction of the best artefacts that you can't get anywhere else! " He said. Everyone clapped and cheered Immediately important men from other kingdoms walked In slowly, They became the cynosure of all eyes, and people made room for them to take special seats in front.

"What do you think, they're here for?"rudev whispered.

"They're obviously here for the auction rudev" Reuben replied. Rudev had this inner feeling that she didn't like, she walked closer to the front just in case.

The man continued"We have a special guest tonight, the news must have spread that we have with us today..."group of women wearing fancy masks came in holding the Arrow of will.

Everyone made awwing sounds and stared at it. Rudev smiled and sighed when she saw it while the men discussed it among themselves.

"I must be a fool for losing it "rudev muttered.

The man continued"This arrow has a history with us, it's for the popular archer, our Ancestor Rudev and now it's in our possession"

The crowd cheered even more. a man amongst the important guest screamed "five hundred thousand  shekels"

Another man screamed "one million"

Rudev began to feel irritated, she shook her head. The crowds rumbled every time someone made a deal.

Everything was fun until rudev stepped forward and screamed "No one is leaving with my arrow!"

Immediately the citizens trembled when they saw her. Rudev was feared by the people as well but she didn't seem to intimidate those men. She walked up the platform and continued"Don't you have any respect at all for my family" the man wobbled, rudev snatched the speaker away from him and said "This arrow is not for sale, please try again later"

Reuben and Philip were impressed. Rudev seemed to have forgotten about the special guest because she took the arrow of will nevertheless. The men stood up and surrounded her "Where do you think you're going " one man said in his raspy voice.

They were buffed and armed and all rudev had was her arrow but that was enough.

Another man said "We don't care who you are ... we came here for business and were leaving with that arrow"

All this drama was delaying rudev's stay, the people already knew trouble had arrived. Rudev glared at them and flipped her hair in their faces "What are you going to do?"

The men growled and pounced but rudev ducked and crawled under their legs. Immediately a riot broke out, there was bedlam and confusion. Rudev climbed a table containing numerous delicacies and turned the arrow into a sword and aimed at them. They ran after her one by one and jumped on the table, they began fighting. The table eventually broke due to their weight, rudev got down and climbed the tent."Come and get me " she screamed.

***

Ephraim returned home and things got out of hand. Amira didn't even wait for him to relax when she started explaining all that happened that morning and how priel locked rudev in the room. Things got difficult for priel. she began sweating and hoping rudev got back soon.

"Really?" Ephraim turned to Sofia.

"I saw nothing wrong with what I did, the lady was clearly lying and rudev was interrupting"Sofia snapped.

"Is that why you would banish my citizen!"Ephraim screamed.

"Yes!" Sofia replied. Things got hot and soon the whole family was present.

"Please let us all calm down" Dan suggested.

Sofia wasn't, she continued "Your weak way of ruling this empire has brought us nothing but problems! First, your brother and now rudev has become too stubborn!"

Priel turned cold at the mention of rudev's name.

"Rudev has always been stubborn," Amira said. Priel started panicking again, Ephraim looked up and shouted "Where's my daughter, you want to kill her!"

This is when Priel trembled and breathed heavily. Sofia continued"Rudev will not die if she spends weeks in her room while we serve her food from outside, she'll have no access to outside again until I say so "

Ephraim became angry and screamed "Rudev is no longer a child and she has all the rights to freedom. I'm the king ...." Sofia interrupted him"Don't forget who saved your life! I'm the reason while you're  still alive!"

Ephraim rose his hand to slap her but immediately didn't, but Sofia used her hands to shield herself. Everyone gasped and Sofia's world revolved around her. Dan stepped in and said "This is so wrong and you see it's all because of Joza "

But Joza was nowhere to be seen.

"You've become something else, all this power has got to your head and you've lost all form of humanity," Ephraim said.

"This is too much," amira said.

"Where's rudev?" Ephraim asked. Priel immediately collapsed creating a diversion.