My family's sins

There has always been drama in the palace but it was an understatement. What happened this morning required more than just family members. A lady ran side and fell flat on the floor, she looked like she had just struggled with the guards before making her way into the palace. Sofia was on her throne, as usual, she stood up in shock when the lady arrived and screamed"Guards! what is this and how did she get in here!"

This called for the family's attention:rudev, amira, priel, dan and joza. The king was absent as usual.

They were all stunned when they saw the helpless lady rolling and crying on the floor, except for joza, he seemed like he already knew her.as if that was not enough, The lady's mother stormed in as well and greeted 

"Good day, your majesty" she bowed. 

"What rubbish!" amira  screamed

"I'm sorry for intruding..." the lady's mother said before getting interrupted by Sofia "You better have a good reason for barging here like that "

Rudev stepped in and asked, "What's your daughter's name?"

"My name is Sarah!" she replied herself.

Sarah stood up and dusted herself, she sobbed even more.

"Okay, so how can we help you?"Dan asked

Sarah ran towards Joza and held his hands, everyone looked astound as to how Sarah knew joza. Joza pushed Sarah away with disgust and said"Do I know you !"

Sofia became confused, she went and dragged Sarah to get up and explain herself.

Sarah's mom began"My daughter is pregnant for your good for nothing son!" This news made everyone turn to Joza because It could only be him. Rudev believed them because she knew girls all over the kingdom liked Joza but she never knew why.

"Is this true, joza?"Amira asked.

Joza scoffed and replied, "I don't know who she is !" Sarah began crying all over again"Thats not true!" she ran and hugged joza but he kept on pushing her away.

"Joza, why are you denying me? This is our child, your heir..."Sarah said defending herself. Dan was giving Joza the benefit of doubt, he wasn't too certain if he was lying or not.

"Are you saying, you don't know this lady?" he asked joza.

"I'm telling the truth, so many ladies would lie just to find their way into the palace. I know so many girls and she's not one of them!"

Seeing Joza say all those things made Sarah gawk at him. She was speechless, her mum interfered "I knew, this would happen, he's a very disgusting man..."Joza turned to her and pointed his finger"Watch what you say about me, you old lady!"

Rudev walked towards Joza  "I'm not even surprised, I believe this lady one hundred per cent"

Sofia scolded rudev saying"He's your cousin and you're believing this outsider. For all, we know she's just lying!"

Rudev faced Sofia and replied, "You don't know Joza at all mum, even though you do, you'll never stand for the truth..."

Sofia screamed "Rudev!" she looked very furious. She ignored rudev's comment and turned to Sarah and her mum."Listen, I believe my son."

Sarah pleaded"Please I don't know why joza is saying all of this, he said he loves me"

"He has said that to so many girls !"rudev added. Sofia glared at rudev signifying her to shut up.

Sofia continued her verdict"You're lying against my son, you'll be banished from my kingdom..." everyone was shocked "Mum, you can't do that!"rudev screamed.

"Can you keep quiet!"joza screamed at her. Rudev stood in front of Sarah and said "Mom, don't make wrong decisions, don't you trust your fellow woman. Look at her condition and you're chasing her away, why can you turn your stone into a heart and be loving"

Sofia couldn't take any of rudev's opinions, she grabbed rudev by the hands and said "Come with me!" Rudev became confused. Sofia pulled her, and rudev struggled with her. Amira, dan and priel ran after sofia."Mum, let me go!'rudev screamed.

Sofia wouldn't budge, she pulled rudev to her room and said"You'll stay in here for as long as I want you to" she slammed the door on rudev and locked it.

Rudev knocked at screamed "Mum! let me out!" The fear of Sofia grew stronger in priel's heart, she didn't dare utter a word."Mum, please let rudev out "Dan pleaded.

Sofia turned a deaf ear and walked back to the sitting room"Carry your wedlock child and leave my kingdom!" she concluded.

"Sofia, you have to wait for Ephraim to come back before you make such decisions, "amira said. Meanwhile, Sarah cried her eyes out.

"No mum, stop interfering !"Sofia said.

Amira walked and consoled Sarah saying"The final verdict will be made by King Ephraim"This put a smile on Sarah's face.

Sofia sighed in disappointment and walked away.

Joza was still staring at Sarah, after a while, he left as well. Dan walked right after Joza leaving priel standing and trying to understand what had just happened.

***

Night came and Ephraim wasn't still back, rudev was trapped in her room and everyone was moody. But there was a celebration going on, it was the festival of hot air balloons, amira was ranting nonstop"This stupid festival, I despise ever knowing it. My son almost died here and they still continue to celebrate it.No fear at all"

Priel paced around suspiciously because she knew rudev had to get out and get her arrow but she was trapped.

"Mum, please stop ranting, our family isn't attending and that's enough, "Sofia said. The sound of that made priel guilty, she walked upstairs and knocked on rudev's door faintly.

Rudev was leaning on the door, so she felt it." Who's that? " she muttered. Rudev was honestly tired, she was so exhausted and had forgotten she had to get her arrow back.

Priel place her face close to the door and whispered"It's me priel ..."

Rudev replied with a groan." Rudev, you have to get your arrow back"priel added.

The mention of that sent life to rudev's bones, she stood up and whispered back" How? I'm trapped?"

Priel replied"Jump from your window, just make a rope from blankets or something "

Rudev glanced at her window and smiled.

"Good, just cover for me, "rudev said 

"Oh, ok. Just come back before someone thinks of releasing you because there's no magic that I would be able to do then."Priel said laughing.

Rudev laughed too and carefully tied the blankets and sheets together.