Chapter 18.5: Fixing things up

Sarah’s POV

It’s impossible for me to change in an instant; I know for a fact that I can’t but I am trying to just for her.

I looked at her while she was driving the car; I’am lucky to have someone like her. She’s risking herself to protect me and my secret, this woman’s worth is more than every gems and every gold in the world combined. How could she be so selfless? Is that how love works? You’d sacrifice your own for the sake of someone you love?

“Stop staring at me like that, I feel like I’m gonna melt” she said jokingly as she caught a glimpse of me staring at her, she smiles while keeping her eyes focus on the road.

“Hmm, I think we should take out something for Tai and Dylan.” I said lightly as I try to get her trust and heart back; I realize that I was such an Ahole. For breaking my promises and for saying the words I spoke today, and doing such actions that broke her heart.

“Yeah sure, so where to?” she asks with that silvery sexy voice of hers.

 “Hmmm, over there!” I pointed at the restaurant across the street.

Lily drove the car to that direction; Lily was about to park the car in the roadside when I read a sign said “Towing Zone” I immediately tell her that; she was bummed

“So we have to park inside and pay a parking fee?” she sighed.

“Yeah, don’t worry I’ll pay for it” I responded calmly as she drove to the restaurant’s parking lot entrance, the guard gave her a parking ticket; Lily immediately found a spot and parked the car there.

We unfastened our seatbelts as we step out of the car; she hit the lock in her car’s remote. It made a sound and Lily double checked it by trying to open the car.

I smiled at her as she moves towards me and held my hand, as we walk towards the restaurant’s entrance.

When we entered the restaurant; I notice that there are only a few people at this hour, but the restaurant was very warm; it feels like you’re in your own house. The waiter politely asked “Table for 2 Ma’am?”

“Actually we’re just here to take out.” I responded kindly, he smiled and insisted that we’d sit on a table. He led us to a table a bit distant from the other diners, he then handed us the menu as he said “Just call my attention when you’re ready to order”

Lily smiled at him and said “Thank you” he smiled back and give a short bow as he excuses himself.

“This restaurant’s staffs seem so nice; I wonder why they only have a few costumers?”

“Hmmm, the prices of their menu are just fine I wonder why anyway we better hurry up, we need to be there at 7, and it’s already 6.” Lily said; her well-modulated voice penetrates the depths of my soul, it made me felt bad once more as I thought of what I’ve done; there’s a part of me that’s saying that my feelings should die as I continue my pursuit of what I so called justice; but I just can’t. Not today, or tomorrow; perhaps never will I allow that to happen.

“Sarah?” she called out as she noticed that I was lost into deep thoughts.

“What’s wrong?” she asks cupping my face and rubbing her thumb gently against my cheek. I sparks; electricity running round’ my body, I hold her hand that was holding my face and kissed her palm.