Chapter 12: Escape

“That's the funny thing about trying to escape. You never really can. Maybe temporarily, but not completely.” 

― Jennifer L. Armentrout, Onyx

===========================================================================

Sarah watched Lily as she sleeps; she took a deep breath before she cover her mouth and her nose and sprayed a sleeping gas on Lily to make sure that she won’t wake up as she leaves for the night.

She stood up and went towards the door and opens it.

“I’m sorry Lily. But I have to” the brunette said as she’s standing by the door looking at her lover’s face.

Sarah let out a sigh as she left the apartment; she made sure that the door was locked. She was scared of the mysterious caller who seems to know her very well.

===================================================================

Sarah went to Zachary’s house; she knocked on the door. Zachary quickly opened the door and welcomed her.

“I thought you’d never come.” Zachary said as he closed the door

“I keep my promises, you know that” Sarah forced a smile on her face.

“You don’t seem to be okay Miss.Paulson; so tell me did the two of you have a fight is it big or extremely big?” Zachary asked jokingly trying to cheer her friend up

“She’s extremely understanding Zac, I just don’t get it she finally knew Zach.” Sarah looked at Zachary’s face; from that smiley, happy Zach face, it went to the serious and curious Zach face, Sarah walked towards Zach’s living room and sat on the sofa.

“About what?” Zachary furrowed his brows as he sat next to Sarah.

“She caught me doing it”

Zachary knew what Sarah meant; he was actually the one who suggested that to Sarah. Zach knew Sarah needed a release; she needed to channel that hatred, the hatred that was born out of Sarah as she bathes in the blood of those whom she loved years ago. Zachary knew that Sarah’s main agenda was to kill whoever it is that killed her grandparents that unfortunate night.

“How did she react?”

“She was scared at first but when I told her everything she understand the situation, but Zach. I need to lie to her to protect her. Someone who I do not know called me; saying I know something you don’t know and I know something that they don’t know about you. I have a feeling someone is spying on me”

Zachary pats her friends back, trying to calm her down.

“Then I’ll help you. Anyway; Sarah she wants to see you” Zachary pointed at the guest room.

Sarah and Zachary went to the guestroom.

The woman was sitting on the bedside; looking at her bruises and wounds.

Sarah cleared her throat; the woman turned her head sideways and looked at Sarah and Zachary. She quickly stood up and hugged Sarah as she whispered thank you numerous times. Sarah pulled back gently as the woman sit on the bedside once again.

“So tell us, what’s your name and what happened back there?” Sarah sits next to the woman; the woman looked at Zachary

“It’s okay, she’s with the cops” Zachary stated.