Chapter 3: If Only I can Remember

“Once you had put the pieces back together, even though you may look intact, you were never quite the same as you'd been before the fall.”

― Jodi Picoult

--------------------------------------------

Sarah and Zachary heard a sniffle from behind
“Hey? Are you awake now? Why are you crying?” Sarah asked Lily who positioned herself sideways, Sarah moving towards her bed and sat beside her laying her hand on her arms, touching her delicate skin.

Zachary suspected that she might’ve heard their conversation and overheard Sarah’s conversation in the phone.
“Sarah, can Lily and I have a private chat for awhile?” he asked, Sarah nods and went out of the room.
Zachary sat to where Sarah was sitting before she went out.
“Lily?” Zachary tapped her; she shot out of bed and embraced him tight, crying in his shoulder, this time she’ve lost it. She loudly wept, Zachary doesn’t know how to comfort her, or what to tell her, he just embraced her tight.

“Why didn’t you tell me that part?” she whispered weakly.
“I didn’t know that one. I am sorry”
“What do I do now?”
The blonde pulled back and looked at Zachary

He couldn’t say anything; she just hugged the blonde and tries to comfort her by saying “Everything will be alright soon”

Sarah on the other hand was curious on what’s going on. Unable to contain her curiosity she entered the room

She saw Zachary embracing Lily; she saw devastation on Lily’s face there was something about her expression that pained her in ways she cannot understand.

She went closer to them and cleared her throat. Zachary looked at her, but Lily just stared at her sheets.
Zachary looked at his wrist watch

“Oh. Sarah I got to go now. I still have to shoot in New Orleans, and Lily honey, be strong okay?”
Zachary kissed Lily’s forehead and kissed Sarah’s cheek and walk out of the room, leaving the two behind.

“Hey.”
Sarah sat beside her, Lily wanted to look at her but she can’t she was just too hurt. Sarah took her arm and pulled her to an embrace.

“Whatever it is that is bothering you, it will be okay soon” Sarah said softly.
Sarah felt something inside her was awakened. It was an emotion that she knew she felt a long time ago.

She pulled back gently and pats the blonde’s hair, “I think you need to go home and rest there for today I think you really had a stressful week lately”

Lily nods. “Can you get up already?” the brunette asked, she assisted her to get up from her bed and noticed that she was walking unsteadily while walking towards the door.

Sarah rushed towards her and suddenly carries her.

“You may be a bit taller than me, but I am strong.” Sarah said she smiled looked at the blonde which she was carrying.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When they reached Lily’s car, she put her down gently and asked for her car keys.
Lily gave it to her, but as Lily was about to enter the driver’s seat. Sarah stopped her.
“I’ll drive, just tell me the directions” Sarah gave her that smile that she missed.
Lily didn’t say a word as Sarah guided her to the seat next to the driver’s and closed the door as soon as she was already sitting inside, then she finally sat in the driver’s seat.

Lily just pointed her directions to her apartment building as she drives.
When they arrived, Lily was expecting that Sarah would just leave but she was wrong.
Sarah went with her. Lily opened her door and revealed a nicely decorated room.