Chapter 15: Family?

Confession is always weakness. The grave soul keeps its own secrets, and takes its own punishment in silence.

-Dorothy Dix

===========================================================================

“You seriously want to adopt this child?” the blonde looked at Sarah with the *Are you serious face*

“Yes. I mean, he’s all alone now isn’t he?” the brunette responded while cradling the child as he slowly falls asleep.

 “You don’t even know that! He might have relatives ya know.” The blonde reasoned. Sarah frowned she doesn’t want the boy to end up like her that’s why he wanted to adopt him.

The two women heard the sirens; from outside. The police quickly went inside the house; with Léonide and Ed.

======================================================================================

Sarah and Lily went outside of the house; Sarah was still carrying the 3yr old when she was approached by some officers.

“Ma’am we need to take the child to the hospital; to check whether his harmed and for his psychological recovery.” The officer said towards the brunette in a calm manner.

“I’ll go with him…” she answered. Lily tapped her shoulder and look at Sarah’s eyes, *Telling her to just let go of it and let them handle the rest*

Sarah nods.

“Officer, I’ll go to where this boy’s hospital tomorrow.” Sarah said as she handed the sleeping boy to the officer.

The officer nods as he gave Sarah the address to where the boy will be staying and left.

“Paulson, Rabe!”  A firm arrogant toned voice coming from behind called out; it was Léonide walking arrogantly towards them

The two women turned around and faced him

“Yes Sergeant?”the blonde responded.

“Tell me everything that has happened from the top.” His voice was demanding; Lily looked at Sarah.

“Well, while we were having S---“Sarah was cut off as Lily pinched her ass hard secretly

“OW! What’dya do that for?” the brunette asked as Lily gave her “The Stare” realizing that she’s giving too much details of their personal life.

The Sergeant frowned and crossed his arms “Are you going to tell it to me? Or I’d have to force the truth out from you?” he was particularly looking at Sarah.

“Well, while we were having - -“Sarah looked at Lily who’s giving her the stare

“Some dinner . . . a man called my phone and told me that there was an emergency so we went to the address he gave us and saw all of these.” Sarah smiled nervously at Lily as the Sargent doesn’t seem to believe a word she said.

“Give me your phone” the sergeant commanded; Sarah took the phone out of her pocket and gave it to him. He then directly put it inside a ziplock bag. Sarah’s eyes widened as she tried to get her phone back; Léonide slapped her hand.

“Ya hidin’ somethin’ Paulson?” he asked with his arrogant and firm voice.

“No. Sir” the brunette replied as she massaged her red hand.